newborn diapers

edited October 2011 in First time moms
Im a ftm and i was just wondering how much newborn diapers i would need before he's in the next size. I kno that every baby is differnt and it varies by how much they weigh at birth..but i just need an estimate of how much u ladies bought or used

Comments

• I'll say 1 box just in case them you buy more if you needed once the baby born
  • I had one box n my daughter was too big to fit them.
  • We had one box and ended up having to buy more. My lil girl will be 1mo tomorow and is just now almost too big for them.
  • I only bought one box my baby is seven weeks and is still in them.
  • We purchased 1 box of newborn diapers and I'm glad we did because they are too small for him now. He's 2 weeks old now and he weighed 8lbs 2oz when he was born.
  • I got 1case and i might be giving some away cause she barely fits them. She was just born tuesday. In the hospital they were using size 1on her. She was 8lbs 1oz at birth.
  • I had one box with 84 in it and have bought 2 packs of 36 so far and she was also in the hospital for a couple extra days for her jaundice and I brought home 2 packs of 20 from the hospital.. and when we run out of the newborns we have left we're gonna go ahead and try 1's and go from there. She was 7pds 12ozs at birth and 8 even at her 2 week check up.. she'll be 3 weeks Wednesday
  • I only had one bag of 80 before she was born however she was only 6lbs 10oz so I had to buy a box and now she is four weeks and I think she is still going to need this size however I am just going to buy a size 1 in the huggies snugglars because they are smaller than the regular huggies 1 which I have and tried and they are huge on her.
  • we have gone through about four boxes with our 7week old and she is still in them, but our son who is almost 3 was never in newborns lol
  • my little one was only 6lbs 12.4 oz and will be a month old on wed and now weighs 8lbs 5 oz .. i only bought one pack and i ended up having to go buy m more newborn clothes because ppl told me i would need it .. but since so many ppl bought me boxes of size one diapers im just using those there a little big on her but work jst fine
  • My baby weighed 8lbs 11oz at birth and I used about 3 bags of them and she is 9lbs 9oz now so I just bumped her up to size 1s today and today she is 2 weeks and 3 days
  • Thanks ladies. This gives me a better idea of how much i may need. I have one box and a small bag so i should b gud, but i also have no idea if hes gomna b a big baby! Guess ill have to wait n see!
  • @still surprised @chanel22.. how much did your babies weigh at birth?
  • My baby was 8lbs 7oz at birth.. he'll be 2 weeks tomorrow and is in 1's since a couple days ago but only because he pee's so much that the newborn weren't absorbent enough.. it kinda sucks too just bc the 1's are a little big on him but whatever holds the pee!! lol

overall he probably used about a box of newborns
  • My son is 10 wks and newborns still fit.. size 1 is big but he can wear them
  • 1 box unless your baby is 6lbs or less.. size ones are 8-14lbs.. and both my boys were able to were them right away.. so i would just get a box of nb size and a box of 1s.. to start.. thats what i have..
  • I bought a small pack. She came out wearing size 1.