WORKING WHILE PREGNANT???

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I just started a good paying job today but was also worried about revealing my pregnancy to the boss. Well i told him and he was surprisingly understanding and told me i wouldnt hv to worry about a thing now or after i hv my baby. Has any1 else had this luck or viceversa? & if so hw soon did u return after u had ur baby??;

Comments

• I have a very understanding job. They r also very understanding of my husband bc he works there also. They have been able to keep us on a schedual that makes sure one of us is always home with our 1 year old daughter. She only goes to a sitter one night a week and its either to my parents or his and we have chosen to work together that night we didn't have to.
  • I have a very understanding job. I told them right away. I just hope it stays that way while I'm on leave! I don't wanna come back to bs!
  • I am not trying to worry you, I promise, but I thought I had a very understanding job & told them right away... I even had one of the owners sit down with me & we worked out my maternity leave & for me to come back part-time after the baby was born so either my hubby or I could care for her at all times... she even got teary & hugged me b/c she was so glad I was going to stay on after the baby!!!... well, fast forward to 7 months preggo & BOOM! Out of nowhere, the other owner sits down & tells me there won't be a job to return to afterwards & that he even wanted me to write a letter of resignation!!! I said Hell, no! & went to the State Labor department & although they took a formal complaint, there was nothing they could do because I worked for a small business with only 5 employee's & there are no laws to protect employee's of businesses that small... all in all, I worked until the day I went into labor, knowing I needed every penny. These people were like family to me & then totally screwed me. But in the end, I got to stay home with my baby & that was the greatest blessing of all... :)
  • Oh wow that sucks. Im working for a major company & im pretty sure this kpb is secure but i hope that ill want to return after i hv my baby.