NPR - Drugs.

So i have an older brother, he's 18yrs old and he's been doing drugs but were not sure what ones other then weed. If i posted pics of what he looked like before and what he looks like now could yuu ladies suggest what drugs yuu think he's on? I wanna help him but I cant do much if I dont kno what he's doin.

Comments

• If he's doing coke or Meth, you wont be able to tell the difference. If that's what you mean. But you can still post pics. N ill see if I can help. I grew up with my patents being addicted to drugs.
  • What are the reasons you think he is doing drugs? Like is he dozing off or frantic? Does he have trac marks? Etc.... It will probably be easier to determine this way. Most hard drugs will make a person look run down so from a pic might be hard.
  • Has he lost a lot of weight? Is he agitated or flyin around the place? Is he cleaning a bunch? Does he chew on his lips or tonuge? If you feel there is something different going on with him then come out and ask him if he is on drugs. Post pics we will try and help ya.
  • @blessedbe_x3 @stbmilitarybrat @momof5 he's got scabs on his face, lost heaps of weight, he's acting like hes skitzo, he rang my mum and told her that he was goin to leave our step dad in a pool of blood beggin for his life with his last breath and him and his mates we're goin to shot my mum, step dad and little sister.

this is him before
    Photobucket

this is him now (sorry bout the finger but i have no other photo)
    Photobucket
  • Best way to tell is looking at his pupils (then compare to yours in the same lighting). Pot doesnt have much effect on pupils. But, if they are dialated (huge..to where you can barely make out the color of his eyes, its either acid or cocaine (i assume meth has the same effect). If they are little pin-points its either perscription painkillers (such as vicodin or oxycontin), other opiates like heroin, or benzodiazapines (valium, klonopin)...parden my spelling
  • edited October 2011
    Scabs and erratic behavior are typically indicative of meth use. Sounds like he needs help. It may not be meth, but the things he said to your step dad sound like some mental health issues.
  • @Math_Mommy @DreaMaria Thanx, im pretty sure he's on ice but dont wanna say anythin to him incase he goes skitzo.
  • Being a former drug addict myself hun I would say he was on meth. I look back at pictures of myself before meth and had fullness in my face and looked healthy. Looked at picutres while I was on meth and I had a sunken in face scabs all over my face from picking so much. I would fight anybody and everybody when I was high cause I thought I was hot shit and being high you don't think anyone could hurt you. Your brother has so serious problems going on and needs help fast. And when he is talkin abt killing ppl that's a real big problem cause he will begin to think that everyone is out to get him and that he needs to get them before they get him. Drugs can not only distroy a person but a whole family. If you can't or don't feel safe talkin to him you need to go to the police or something. Good luck hun and God bless you and your family. I will pray for your brother.
  • @momof5 hes been in trouble off the police for many things, he's currently on 3 12month suspended jail sentences my mum tried to get the courts to mentally acess him but all they said is he needs to be of drugs and alcohol before they'll acess him and just let him go, he's been in and out of jail all year and everytime we try to help or find him somewhere to life he steals from that place, gets kicked out and were back in square one over and over again and no one will help get him acessed or anything.
  • Picking is also a tale tell sign of heroin addiction. Does he have any marks on his arms or hands? Does he always wear long sleeve shirts?
  • I used to be an addict and it's honestly very hard to tell what drugs people are on, I would come home high on everything, pot, meth, coke, heroin, acid, dmt, 2cb, lortab, oxycontin, mushrooms, you name it and my parents never even knew, you have to pay really close attention to someon's behavior, if he's been aggitated and has scabs, is losing weight he's probably doing meth, coke, or heroin. If he's up at weird hours for a long time and then sleeps for a day or so he's probably on meth..
  • Unfortunately with addicts theyll only change when their ready. I feel for you and your family. You guys need to stop helping him and let him hit bottom.
  • Keep being persistant with everyone hun. Go to doctors and cops and just keep on them until they do something.