tears and 2nd pregnancies

edited October 2011 in Giving birth
does anyone have experience with having had a tear (specifically 3rd bc that is what i had) with their first and how did your second delivery go? did you have a c-section or did you tear again with a vaginal delivery? just curious bc i asked my dr today at my 6wk pp visit how the tear may affect the next pregnancy and she said it all depends on the baby's size, how fast s/he comes out, etc. But I'm just curious as to others' experiences. thanks!

Comments

• I tore bad with my first 11 stitches :( my 2nd I had 1 stitch..and I didn't even feel it..my 3rd not a single tear, stitch nothing :)
  • Btw my first baby was 6lbs 13oz 21in17 hrs labir my second was 7lbs 15oz 20 in 8 hrs labor and my third wad 6lbd 11oz 18 in. 9hrs labor
  • I had an episiotomy and tore with my first. He was 9lbs 9oz. With this kid I had no episiotomy and I tore just a little. I think I had maybe 3 stitches, but had no Idea till the doc told me. My daughter weighed 7lbs 10.5oz
  • I posted this question a couple weeks ago. I'll tag u in it so u can read what was said
  • edited October 2011
    I am so bad I think I tore the first time but I know they cut me...i had a few stitches and my baby was 6.14 with my second I had no tearing or anything ans my baby weighed 7.4