Help!! Nights and Days mixed up...

edited October 2011 in Sleep
My son obviously has his nights and days mixed up. I've tried keeping him awake during the day but. He sleeps through everything and anything!!!!!!! I'm completely lost on what to do. Any ideas???

Comments

• My son is the same way he's 2 weeks old. Yesterday I asked his pediatrician what I could do she said he's still too small for me to try and do anything that once he's a month or so he should start changing his sleeping habits. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Baby girl is 10 weeks and is up till between 3-5am everyday. My dr said shell straighten herself out and by 4 months we should be ok. It was really stressful trying to put her to bed earlier, so now I jsu go with the flow
  • I sure hope he switches soon cuz this is stressful. Lol He's 5 weeks old...
  • edited October 2011
    My son is six weeks and he was getting better, but yesterday and today he was literally up all night :O !! I think I know why though, we've been out yesterday and today and he sleeps while driving I did alot of driving yesterday and today which kept him sleep most of the day.
  • I was told there is nothing you can do just to sleep when he does. My daughter is the same way.
  • Ugh.... it sucks being up all night but what I really hate is,that during the day I never see his eye even when I change his diaper he's out cold... lol
  • edited October 2011
    Lol...I know exactly what you mean, we have visitors over all the time and no one ever gets to see his eyes open. Its 3:10am here in Ca and he is wide awake:(
  • I know :/ its like during the day after a bottle he passes right out and at night after one he's up and smiling when I just need/want to sleep. Hopefully it changes soon along with sleeping longer throughout the night lol.
  • I don't know how much truth there is to this but I read ab it this morning and am in the same boat so I'm going to try it. They said around 6 feed a bottle then again at 8 then change baby put to sleep then at 9:45 increase amount of formula and gently feed baby lights off no noise light burp no change and put back down. Might not work but if you ladies ate lacking sleep like me we are willing to try anything lol :-)
  • @kenzie0713 I'm gonna have to try that! Let me know how it work for ypu!! Thanks :)
  • I just went with the flow with my son. By about 5 weeks he had switched over to sleeping nights. He now goes down anywhere from 730-1030pm and eats once around 2-3am then is up for his morning between 5-7am and goes down for a morning nap between 9-11am.
  • My 2wk has the same problem, she think 2am is let's look around time then again at 4am vs the day time she sleeps thru everything for 4+hrs at a time...since I usually go 2 bed around 12 or later I have tried around 10 r 11 cleaning her, making sure she's dry & feeding her a lil more than usual, that seems to help her sleep longer & wake up jus once during the night!
  • @Kingsmama I love that schedule she does that on a goodnight for me & I can handle that lol!
  • @MissQ_1stTimeMommy2B oh ya its an amazing sleep schedule! And even his 2-3am feeding is great, he gets up I change him and he stays groggy he eats his 2-4oz I burp him and he's passed out again...all within 30 MINS!! I love it :)
  • What time does he have his bath? I got my my daughter on a routine at 4 weeks. I started bathing her/feeding at 10 p.m, she doesn't wake up till 3 a.m to eat and goes back to sleep, and wakes up at 7 a.m.
  • My son is 5 weeks and I'm trying to feed him as we speak. He keeps falling asleep eating so idk if that's a good or bad thing lol I gave him two baths today and did everything in my power to keep him up today so ill find out if it was all worth it. Or just keep praying that he'll just switch over... lol
  • @monkey_girl how much do you feed after the bath?
  • At 1 month I was giving my son 4-5oz after a bath before bed. Now at 8 weeks he gets about 8oz after a bath. Sorry I'm not trying to stalk ur post lol :)
  • Lol did u use regular bath soap or the night time stuff?
  • I use bedtime bath soap by Johnson and Johnson it makes him super drowsy. Sometimes its hard to get him to finish his bottle lol.
  • I try to feed her 5oz but she tends to knock out right after the bath. The most she eats is 2 to 3oz but when she's wide awake she eats 5oz.
  • K thanks so much ladies! I'm gonna go buy that soap and try the bath before bed and feed after tomorrow night... wish me luck lol :p
  • Gl hun :) let us know how it works!
  • Oh I also have lavender scented things under his bassinet. Lavender is supposed to help them sleep better. And it does work for my son so maybe try that also with the bath and bottle before bed.
  • my son slept like that all day and was up all night till 8wks...at 8wks he slept from 5pm-1am then was up for the day! that lasted till about 12wks then one night he got tired and i layed him down to sleep @ 9:30ish abd he slept till 9:30ish the next morning and hes been sleeping like that ever since!

everything ive read says something along the lines of how well a baby sleeps at night is all due to how many calories they are getting during the day! more calories during the day results in more sleep at night! ;) good luck!
  • Tonight is the night, oh boy... at least I dont have to work in the morning in case this doesnt work lol
    I'll keep you ladies updated tomorrow morning :)
  • I try feeding my son more to help him sleep longer but he falls asleep and then he is oht cold.. not during the night though.. lol
  • same with my son, he'll pass out cold after a feeding during the day but at night he likes to fuss and stay up and look around after a feeding no matter how much I try to feed him so I'm hoping this bath stuff works for him and keeps him asleep longer also that would be amazing lol
    :-D