was in labor and delivery .. contractions magically subsided wth

edited October 2011 in Labor
I was having really bad contractions that lasted about 4 hrs and were about 5 minutes apart. I was in tears they hurt so much. I took a warm shower they subsided for about 10 minutes and started again. So I went to l&d .. when they put me on the monitors the contractions stopped completely, I got checked I am 3 cm and yesterday was only about 2 cm. The nurse mentioned the baby is head down but his head is looking up not down I don't really understand what she was trying to say. I aksed again and she said the same thing which didn't make sense. But I'm back home and just having back pain with no contractions, they magically disappeared. I'm due 10/26 and dont know if I will make it thru the weekend.

Comments

• That happened to me a few times. I was induced on a Tuesday. The Sunday before that I layed on the couch crying with terrible contractions then just stopped and I felt fine. It happened about 2 weeks before that too. I had terrible contractions to were I couldn't even get out of the bed for 7 hours that were about 7 minutes apart then after a REALLY bad one, they just quit. I know its frustrating. I don't know why our bodies have to tease us like that. Hope you get your little one soon!
  • Usually when the baby's head comes out it is looking downward (towards the ground) She was trying to tell you that the baby is looking up to the sky. Sometimes they will use the term "Sunny side up" Its a little more difficult to deliver a baby this way. You can deliver but there is a chance of tearing or the baby getting stuck. What some dr's may do is manually flip the baby over before the head comes out to avoid this from happening. I hope I was clear with the description...lol
  • Same thing happened to me, however my water had broken so they started pitocin. Nurse said my contractions wouldn't come back on their own...
  • My midwife told me head up means bad back contractions so that maybe what the nurse ment