Husbands deploying during crucial time :'(

edited October 2011 in Military moms
So, we just found out the set delpoyment my husband will be going on. My husband will be here the first month the baby is born, gone the second month for a TDY, there for the third month. Then gone for the next six or seven for deployment... We are both extremely disapointed. My husband was looking forward to deployment, but having the baby kinda puts a damper on that because he's going to be missing alot of the firsts. Anyone else go through this? How did you handle it? I'm also 19 and my hubby wants me to go home when he deploys... To save money and have help with the baby since I'm kinda on my own... Also, what did you guys do for school? Everything seems so overwhelming now :(

Comments

• My husband is currently deployed. He has been for the past 6 months and has another 3-4 months left. I'm 37 weeks and he's missed it all. It's been very hard. I know its going to be harder once the baby gets here. I agree with your husband, go home while he's gone so you have help and support! I didn't go because we own our home and our families live only 2 hours away. It will be hard for him, missing everything the first year. Make sure you take tons of pictures and videos!
  • My husband is about to go on his 3rd deployment and our daughter is 4 months old. He did the same tdy for a month after she was born. I usually dont go home for deployments but I will for this one because I'm finishing my RN while he's gone and w two kids and knowing noone up here it's jusy easier to. Plus we fork out 22k a year in rent alone up here. Our families are 5k miles from us
  • @sands3 I couldnt imagine that... I'm glad that thankfully he'll be here for the birth of our firstborn! I'm probably definitely going to go home! I just hope everything works out fine lol Its going to be hard I dont know military wives do it!

@august22baby I'm glad he comes hoem soon! :) You must be so excited!!! I plan on taking pictures and emailing him... I'm hoping that every once in a while he will be able to skype so he can see his son live!

@cetheridge 3rd deployment? Thats insane. Our rent is pretty pricey compared to what it is at home as well. I live 16 hours away form my family... I think its like 300 miles? I'm just trying to get my associates so hopefully everything for school transfers to a local college so I dont have to do classes over again or something! How are you handleing him leaving? I'm having a hard time even imagining it :(
  • I'm sorry to hear that :( I concieved the month my bf came home from his second and we just found out he is going back for his third a few days after our son's first birthday. I am so thankful though that he was here for the pregnancy and will be for the first year. Your husband and baby both need you to stay strong! Definitely go home... The help and company will be nice. While my bf is gone this time I will be finishing my last two semesters. I hope all of your credits transfer... That's why I haven't graduated yet :( If ya ever need to talk or anything I'm here. It's not easy by any means but you'll have your baby to keep your mind off things and it goes by faster than you think!!
  • My husband got deployed when I was7 months and is still deployed. I stop going to school because I want to be with my son for the first year. Also I came back home so my mom could help me with him. He's 3months now and daddy should b home soon. they have yet to meet.
  • @kristaf22 Thank you so much! Is he going to be able to be there for the induction or no? That just plain out sucks....

@stbmilitarybrat I'm glad he'll be there the first year as well! We went to a developmental class today and seeing all the things that he'll miss.... It was kind of depressing. But I think I'm lucky that he was here to enjoy the pregnancy and will be able to witness the birth! I hope they transfer as well.... I'm really worried about that!

@august22baby How do you handle that?! That would be extremely hard in my opinion. You must be so proud of him though! 14 deployments is hardcore dedication! \

@jay_july1 I hope everything goes well when they meet! In class I took today they said that if you show picutres of his face often then the baby will recognize him! She also recommended recording his voice so the baby doesnt forget it! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im sorry mama :( my brother missed the birth of his first born a month later he came.home and quit the army to be with his family.
  • My husband deployed when I was 10 weeks prego with our 1st and didn't meet him untill he was 6 months old ...its hard to deal with but we made it ...I went home and had my family and saved money ...now I'm prego with our 2nd and he's due in 3 days before my due date ...hopefully he makes it for this one :)
  • We skype almost everyday. We do it so much that my son automatically thinks daddy on the computer whenever I pull it out,lol its so cute. I love my family but I just get tired of them and my mother is a character but all I thought was only a few months/weeks daddy will be home. Lol
  • Thank you everyone for the advice and the stories! It makes me feel better about everything. Its still going to be hard, but if military wives do this everyday then I know that I can! :D Best of luck to everyone!!
  • In feb well be having our baby and he will be deploying in march or april. Although he will be deploying for a whole nine months with out breaks. I know how you feel and I just try not to think about then and how ill feel. I just stay in the moment.
  • Im nineteen also and this is our first :). Im staying at our ds while he's deployed :).
  • I don't know how y'all do it. I will keep all of y'all in my Prayers.
  • @newmommyfeb2012 I know! I try to ingore it as well but it keeps coming up somehow! I'm sorry he'll be gone for a full 9 months.. I'm lucky that he'll only be gone 6 or 7 plus the TDY. I'm just thankful he gets to be a part of the delievery and everything! I'm closing it off to everyone but him so that he has a special memory that no one else shares :)

@stephforever89 lol I'm not even sure half us military wives know how we do it! But its definitely worth it!

@kristaf22 I DEFINITELY hope that baby doesnt some yet!!!! You are right you cant be pregnant forever! I really hope it all works out and he gets to stay! I'm hoping everything works out for the best! :)
  • I know what you mean. Mine may be deploying for the full nine months, but at least he isnt missing the birth and first eight months of life or something.