Nervous! First appt tomorrow!

edited October 2011 in First Trimester
Well it took over a week to get in for my initial appointment & it's tomorrow! In so excited but nervous! I just want everything to be ok. My lmp was aug 16. So according to that i'd be 9w 2d. However I ovulate late so I know I'm probably 8w1d or so. anyway I just want to see the bean but I doubt I will have an u/s!

Comments

• The first ultrasound is interesting bc its only the size of a grape at 10 weeks! Lol
  • Good luck %%-
  • :) yey! Good luck... let us know!!
  • Ohhh so exciting!!! Hope all goes well for you xox
  • Aww good luck.
  • You should get to see the baby. They usually do an u/s to see how far you are.. goodluck! Lots of bloodwork bleh lol
  • Good luck hun! I had my first scan at 6 weeks 4 days and it was just a blob (earning the baby nickname from my then 2 year old which has now stuck) but by 8 weeks 3 days it had already become much more baby looking!
  • Awe im pretty sure you'll have one done so you and the doc can figure out for sure how far along you are. Good luck
    Keep us posted!
  • @momofsoontobe7 @kritten_octoberbby I wish that were the case however this lady I'm meeting with is only the "initial" person they send everyone to. So after this appointment then I make one with the dr of my choice, which I'm guessing then I will get my u/s. This lady is completely stupid so maybe she will order an u/s since I won't be measuring from lmp, because my later ovulation. Shes so dumb sure didn't even know what a chemical pregnancy was when I had one! OH and the first appt with the chem preg, she told me at their family practice they don't do an u/s until 16w. I was like wtf! But was reassured by a coworker who went to the same place said she got one b4 12w!
  • Weird.. i hope you get another dr soon..sounds like she is a bit off..you should get like 4 u/s or so...
  • @kritten_octoberbby where are from? Here in mn a normal pregnancy will only get 2. Your first between 8-12 and then another between 18-22. She is an idiot but she is the one they send everyone to first for their initial appt. It's frustrating!
  • My first ultrasound was at 16 weeks. They just did a pregnancy test and listened for a heartbeat. I was 12 weeks though.
  • edited October 2011
    Dumb phone.
  • @babyluv8 we just go to our regular obgyn no extra steps. Im in louisiana. We get one when we first find out we are pg. One when we get checked for down syndrome, ine ti do the sex and one to check his position..
  • they gave me a US today because if my history with mc (only had 1but I wont argue w an extra us! ) and I measured only 6.5 weeks. ????