formula troubles. suggestions?

edited October 2011 in First time moms
ladies ive been through every formula with my son i just cannot figure out which one to keep him on. similac sensitive is what he is on now. but for the past week hes had terrible gas that makes him cry and pull his legs up to his chest. it wakes him out of sleep also. i tried the similac soy and it made him constipated. at one point even the similac sensitive was making him constipated but hes regular now that i give him an ounce of watered down juice every day. im tempted to switch to alimentum or possibly even try the enfamil brands of formulas. anyone have any suggestions or stories/experiences? any help is appreciated.

Comments

• i used enfamil when i first introduced formula 2 my son and so far its my favorite...pedi reccommmended Gerber Good Start as well. GL!
  • Simiilac alimentum...it worked awesome for my son and we went through everything as well
  • I had the exact same problem as u!! I switched my son to Similac alamentum and haven't had a problem since he poops 1-3 times a day and isn't as gassy anymore :)
  • I worry that my son will not take to the alimentum taste vs. the sensitive. do either of you ladies know if it tastes differently? by smell of course lol. soy formula smells horrible and made me gag when he was on it.
  • I think it stinks but my lil man didn't seem to care he took to it and was so much happier :)
  • My son went from the sensitive right to the alimentum with no problem. The alimentum does smell and taste worse to me then the sensitive formula is. But my son still drinks it like there's no problem. I do let him get a couple swallows of water to wash the taste out of his mouth a few times a day tho.
  • i think im going to have to try it. i feel helpless because of his gas. im done with all the gripe water and gas drops!! they dont help him at all!!! i was thinking it was a little drastic to put him on the hypoallergenic formula but now it doesnt seem like such a big deal. i just want a happy baby. thanks ladies
  • similac did that to my baby too
    he spit up alot to and he vomited it up had to take him to the ER
    and i switched him to Gerber Good Start Gentel and he's fine now