baby cereal (kinda long)

edited October 2011 in Solid Foods
I wanna start by saying my MIL is a nutcase! And I believe tht she is trying everything in her power to take all the connecting moments away from me with my daughter.
tht said, Lily was 6 weeks old when my BIL's gf had her baby boy. While she was in the hospital being taught how to BF she asked everyone to wait in the lobby. There, my MIL told her mother tht she has been feeding my daughter cereal in her formula to help her sleep. The first thing I found wrong w tht was tht I was strictly BF Lily at the time, or so I thought. Maybe thts y I couldn't keep up w her nemore, she was too used to formula? Anyhow, the next thing I found wrong was the fact she had been giving my daughter cereal without asking/telling me and so early!
Well the reason this is brought up was because her son gets diarrhea and throws up more after our MIL watches her, we assume Cus of the cereal since those are main symptoms. So me n my BIL's gf snuck upstairs and searched the cupboards looking for cereal and of course we dnt find nothing, not tht we looked hard...we were kinda scared we'd get caught lol. But were not letting it go Cus now I noticed Lily's poop is thicker n smells different if she goes over there opposed to staying w me all day.
now here's the question: my friend and my crazy MIL have been trying to convince me tht after 6 weeks u can start feeding babies baby cereal. I read, on numerous sites, not to til 4-6 months, but recommended not til 6 months. Someone pls help me out! I want so bad to 1.catch crazy MIL in the act and 2. Have solid facts to back up my reasoning for anger.
(U can say jus confront her, but tht ain't gunna do nuthin! I need visual proof with my eyes in order to go ha! I caught u, u liar!)
so help me out pls! Lol

Comments

• I would be angry too that's ur baby she should respect ur wishes
  • U would think so but she's a tough to crack! Thick headed I suppose u could call it. Having 4 kids n 2 other grandkids brings her to the conclusion she knows my daughter better than I do. :-@ ugh! @darknesofnight4u
  • I hate people like that my aunt does that w my neice and trust me my aunt don't have room to talk lol I hope she don't do it to me I will snap lol sence being prego I'm not afraid to speak out lol