ultrasound at 8.5weeks, measuring only 6.5 help!!!

edited October 2011 in First Trimester
I'm so nervous! they couldn't tell me anything really only 1 of 2 things: my dates are off and I ovulated late or my baby stopped developing at 6 wm and I'm going to MC again!! my hcg is about 42500 today(they said that's normal for 5-9wks). I have another blood test in Monday that will determine which way the levels are going...
anyone POSITIVE they're dates were right and have this happen?! I need prayers :'(

Comments

• aww, I know it'll be a long weekend, but try not to stress. It didn't happen to me, but i'll be praying for you.
  • are ur periods regular? my cycles are long so according to a normal cycle my due date woulda been december 16. but they calculated my due date according to growth and according to my u/s i am due december 25th...9 days later..but i have like 40 day cycles
  • Maybe next week they will just catch up, might have just been measured at a bad time, try not to worry. X
  • @myheartzx3 I had sex on my "ovulation " day according to my trackers and didn't have sex after that until my missed period. and on the day of my missed period I tested positive ...??? so I really don't know! maybe I did have sex, idk lol I think I would have logged it...
  • Hmm well I have no idea sorry I'm no help lol but prayers ur way :)
  • thanks ladies the positivity helps! hoping for someone to answer who's had this happen!
  • Hoping all goes well, sending sticky baby dust your way.
  • This happened to me I had an u/s done @the 10+2wks and ended up being only 7+3wks. The tech asked if I had missed something lol. I am now 36+3. I understand the stress of it all.
  • @3girls_0boys thank you! the tech didn't tell me ANYTHING! I left balling my eyes out.
  • I think there's always a margin of error with ultrasounds. Every one I had they said I was measuring a wk or 2 behind, yet my belly always measured ahead, and I had my daughter 4.5 wks early! So stay positive hun!! I'm sure your little bean is just fine :)
  • I had something similar happen to me. My first ultrasound the doctor did quick in the office, and he couldn't find anything! I was freaking out, was sure I miscarried. He scheduled me an actual ultrasound with a technician who wouldn't tell me anything one way or the other, said I had to wait to get results from doctor. Well, it turned out I just wasn't as far along as I should have been based off of my last menstral cycle, so doc had a hard time finding anything because it was so early on! My due date was pushed back one week, which did make sense because I have longer cycles and ovulate 1 week later than "average". So this is very possible depending on when you ovulated! I hope everything turns out great for you! Good luck!
  • Sperm can live inside you for a week and your ovulate on different times as well. Gl stay positive Hun and just wait till you can get tested again. I know its hard not to stress but try not to.
  • Haha I was exactly 2 weeks behind based on my lmp too. I thought I was 9 weeks 2 days but I was really 7 weeks 2 days. Needless to say I have a happy healthy little boy now who just hit 8 weeks old :) those hcg lvls r pretty damn good if u ask me tho!
  • this is all good info! helps me a lot! thanks ladies!
  • Thy told me the same thing. They said that my baby was measuring 4 weeks and I should have been 6 and I was just waiting to miscarry. Turns out I ovulated almost 2 weeks late, and I'm now 28 weeks. Good luck hun. I got a positive test a few days after I conceived.
  • edited October 2011
    I was told that I didn't ovulate and I had a missed period I went in for blood work and it came back negative well I went back on provera to start my period again and nothing so I tested again a Nd positive I do ovulate late but never have a positive on my missed period
  • I'm hoping for the best for you!
  • every little pain is so stressful ! the thought of going backward 2 weeks is daunting enough...now its another 5-6 weeks til I'm in the clear ugghhhh. but I will be happy when I get some good blood test results!!
  • Did they see a heartbeat on the u/s? When I mc'd, my hcg was only about 100 at 6 weeks. With this one, my hcg was around 20 or 30,000 at 6 weeks and I'm now 23 weeks. I know it will be a stressful weekend, but hang in there - I'd bet everything is just fine! :)
  • I had a similar thing happen to me, except at the first ultrasound they couldn't find anything. I did the blood draw and my levels doubled, I'm now 31 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
  • @bensmama no-no heartbeat. I expected to be able to hear it. I guess 6.5 weeks is still to early. the day I miscarried my last pregnancy my hcg levels were in the hundreds too. they are over 40 thousand right now,and I have no bleeding or cramping. fingers crossed. this has been a very tough year for me...
  • @kingsmama when did you get a pos prego test? mine was the day after my missed period (remembering correctly now, I said day of. my missed above)
    strong positive in about 3 seconds flat! lol
  • @starrxoxo9 my belly already looks prego! the top is protruding and hard. if I'm only 6 weeks then I'm in for it! I'm gonna be a beach ball in no time lol. did you deliver according to being behind a bit, or to your lmp date?
  • @katlilly Aw you're gonna be cute! I had Tessa 4 1/2 wks early, so I really can't coordinate it with any date lol I was due 9/6 and had her 8/5. According to my ultrasound I was due 9/11 but they never officially changed the date, good thing because it would have been way off lol oh and I popped early too by 10 wks I could only wear leggings lol
  • Gl hun! I hope it all turns out ok! We could be poetry close dd buddies! According ti my lmp I'm 9w 4d. However, I know I ovulate late so I'm hoping I'm atleast 8w. I have an appt friday with the dr I chose. So hopefully he will order an u/s and everything looks good.
  • @babyluv8 thanks girl! good luck to you too! only 2 days til I know for sure!
  • Oh I didn't know I was pregnant til I was around 4.5 weeks along. I got my positive at the we lol. I was there for kidney stones.
  • I had a mc in late December, when I was due for my period it didn't come, did a home test when I was due, negative, when I was a week over got a blood test, negative too, 2 weeks overdue did another home test and was positive. When I went for what should have been 7 week scan I was only 5 because I ovulated when I was supposed to get my period. Im now 41 weeks pregnant and desperate for her to be out lol
    Goodluck
  • my levels are going down. now I keep playing the waiting game
  • I was thinking of you and wondering how it went I am so sorry, hang in there and don't lose faith. You'll be in my prayers.