if i take to long, will she feel ignored..?

edited October 2011 in First time moms
Some times I know what my 9 week old baby girl needs and other times I still don't. She has a pretty good little sleeping and eating schedule so usually when she starts to get upset, I starting heating up her bottle or doing whatever she will need next. This way she doesn't have to wait to be starving and screaming before she gets food. I just hate the times that I don't respond that fast and she does get really upset. Will she think I don't care if she's hungery or in pain (just needing to burp) if it takes me 10-15 minutes to figure out how to help her? This seems so silly but at times it seems to take me forever to figure out what she needs and it makes me feel like a bad mom :( I feel like I should always know cause I'm mom, right? does her brain even work like that yet? Just don't want her to feel alone cause I don't always know what to do. Sorry for the ramble..just had to get it out.

Comments

• If you did it everyday for everything ever, she would feel alone. Since you don't, she's fine. You're still responding to her cries, just not with what she wants at the time.
  • I don't think their lil brains work that way, as long as u responding she knows u there & u love her! Crying is good for babies lungs so a lil crying won't hurt! We all have trouble figuring out wat our babies want, if we have already did the obvious(feed, burp, change). In sure u doin a great job!!
  • As long as your not leaving her somewhere screaming for excessive amounts of time repeatedly I dont think she would feel that way. Unfortunately sometimes bubs just has to wait a moment for us to work it out or for us to go to the toilet etc before fully sorting them out...
  • @momtob last night my son was screaming for almost 2 hours before we figured out what was wrong. He was fed, he was clean and dry, wanted nothing to do with being rocked to sleep...I placed him on his mat he calmed down, 10 mins later screaming. Unsnapped his pj's to see if anything was poking him...same deal- was calm, then screamed when I snapped him back up. He's worn these pj's before...turns out he didn't want to wear them. My fiance changed him into a onesie and he went instantly to sleep. I was like wtf?! Sometimes it just takes us a minute to figure out what they need, but I don't think it'll be detrimental to bonding or her mood or anything. Moms are awesome, but we're not perfect!