i need an outing !

edited October 2011 in Depression
I'm two weeks pp and the first week was tough for me, this week is better but I feel overwhelmed from time to time and constantly feel like now that I have a child that I'm not allowed to have fun and go out, kind of like a guilt thing idk :/ today its hitting me hard, my boyfriend left a few ago to work a overnight shift and my sister who I'm closest to left tonight to go to the movies and now I'm home alone depressed just doing unessasary thinking :( being a mom is a tough job and sometimes a break is nice idk what to do hopefully I get over this depression because I hate it and I have a loss of appetite I haven't been eating well since I gave birth...

Comments

• im sorry your going through this im sure its hard cause i get stuck at home with my stepdaughter all the time and the things that the bdf does i cant because in preggo so it gets hard but dont feel bad if u want to go do something from time to time i always say that how can someone take care of their child when they dont take care of themselves. Maybe have someone watch the baby this comming week and u go out with a friend or ur sister or ur bf cause u both deserve it to keep urself going. Good luck and if u need anyone to talk to its a good thing to get things out so im here.
  • I understand, I feel the same way I'm 2wks pp also, my bd works overnight, my mom goes to her friends and I'm stuck in the house with my baby & nephew(he's 4 and I'm constantly hollering at him, it gives me a headache)...I have no appetite & have to force myself to eat once a day to take my meds, I'm so concerned about my health! I hope things get better for you!
  • @MissQ_1stTimeMommy2B its tough :/ I obviously knew the responsibilities that came with a child I just wish I would of been more mentally prepared and I appreciate all the help I get from my mom but I hate giving her my son allllll the time because it makes me feel like a bad parent knowing he's MY responsibility and someone else is caring for me, idk I'm being way too hard on myself.
  • @jules thanks hun I appreciate it, being a mother is a beautiful yet overwhelming thing, I'm glad in not alone on this tho but idk why at times I feel like I am alone, I guess since he's so tiny! If he was a little older id bring him everywhere with me and feel more comfortable leaving him with someone to babysit. I just hope it all geta better and easier from here
  • im sure it will get better :) it is still early he just needs more time and I'm sure u will be able to do more.