18 hours of labor well worth it

edited October 2011 in Birth Stories
So as everyone knows I went to the hospital Friday because I thought my water broke at 130 am Friday. Turns out it didn't break then. It did break at 130 am Saturday. My due date. I was contracting every 5 minutes. getting to hospital Saturday I was 4.5 cm 90% effaced and contractions every 3 minutes. By 9 I was 7 cm. It was going so smoothly. I wanted an all natural drug free labor and it looked like I was getting that. At 930 I was so exhausted and contractions hurt so bad I needed sleep so I was given a local to help dull the pain I still felt every contraction and was completely aware but I was able to nap in between them. By 11 I was an 8. I walked around tried to keep moving by 3 I was still an 8. I quit dilating. :( no matter what I did I wasn't progressing. So Dr said I had to have pitocin to speed it along. At that point contractions every minute that were so painful I was shaking. Dr said nothing was going to help with my pain and since I couldn't go far due to being monitored they talked me into an epidural. I got the epi I never pushed the button so by the time it came to push I was fully aware of my contractions and every part in delivering my baby boy. I pushed for 26 minutes and at 7:01 pm I gave birth to an 8lb 11 oz 21.5 inch long boy with a huge head of hair. He came out screaming and just perfect. They didn't tell me how many stitches I got but its pretty painful. His head was 14.5 inches! Brandon was up all day and night with me helping me through my contractions and did such a great job. As soon as he seen our son he cried. It was perfect. He latches on perfectly and has such a good suck it does hurt though. We still don't have a name hopefully today after some sleep he will have a name. Labor dust Oct mommies and full term November mommies. :)

Comments