up all night...i need sleep

edited October 2011 in Parenting
My baby has never been a very good nite time sleeper, but she at least would sleep for an hour or two at a time. She would wake up, i'd breastfeed her, and she'd fall right back to sleep. Well the last 4 nites she has not been sleeping at all. After i'm done nursing her she will continue to cry and will only fall asleep for very short periods and if i attempt to move her she wakes up. She sleeps really good in the day and i manage to get a few hours sleep but she's driving me crazy. I dont know how many more nites i can take this. Also im worried that she's not getting enough sleep. Any suggestions?

Comments

• How old is she? My son went through that last week for a few days but now is back to 2-3 straight... He was 2 weeks. It was soooo frustrating I cried right along with him lol. I downloaded games on my phone and while I was rocking him I played them to keep my mind off of how horrible it was. Hang in there, it will get better! :) And I don't think there is such a thing as not enough sleep but ask your doctor if you're worried.
  • My son went through that & they said he was cluster feeding. If it is that, it will be over soon! Or it could be colic?
    Goodluck!
  • My 5 week old has been that way the last couple weeks. I've had to set him down while he's crying and just leave the room cuz I was so tired and frustrated. He wants to breastfeed for about 20 min,hell fall asleep but continue to use me as a pacifier. I'll go to lay him down and hell wake up!!!!! Screaming yet again. Or ill start feeding him sitting up using a boppy,eventually I try laying on my side and feeding him that way... But nooooo that doesn't work for little Bentley,so ill sit up again and he stops crying!!! LOL its ridiculous,I want to be comfortable too LOL its very frustrating,I cry on a daily basis,everyone keeps telling me it won't be like this for long I hold on to that thought,otherwise id be ready to blow my brains out LOL @2ndtimearound I have an idea,when your up in the middle of the night,tag me and we can talk,I'm up with Bentley every hour just about. I know it would help me to know that at that very moment someone in the world is going through the same thing as me. We could be eachothers support systems through the night. Wat u think???
  • During the first month or so they will cluster feed and be fussy. It is growth spurts. The feeding is to get your milk production up. It will calm down in 2-3 days. If not then talk to the doctor. They can help with whatever it is.
  • @stbmilitarybrat She's 5 weeks. The first two nights it happened i wasnt concerned i thought it was just a bad night, but 4 nites is hard to take. I hope it passes quickly for me.

@yayal0vesy0u Thanks...i dont think it's colic becuz the first two nites she was crying just wide awake, but maybe.

@babiescomin2011 My baby turned 5 weeks Wed...i hope it doesnt last weeks. Thank god i dont have to go back to work at six weeks. I cant imagine the poor mamas that have to go to work in the morning following a nite like that. We def should tag eachother when we're up cuz you're right it would help to know someone else feels my pain. I cry too, but mostly cuz i'm so annoyed with my Zoe and have to fight off the urge to be rough or shake. I dont do either but i feel guilty that i even think about it cuz i love her so much. Btw what time zone are you, i live in Southern Cali?

@lilbit01_209 Thanks, i hope it passes soon.
  • edited October 2011
    Hey my baby was doing that last week, only he was wide awake pretty much most of the night . Omg he slept perfectly last night though, only feeding every 2-3 hrs!!

• @mommyof3tobe Thanks it helps to hear stories that it doesnt last long. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes back to 2-3 hours soin.
  • Oh btw My baby will be 7wks tuesday. He'll do better soon . ;-)