Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo up my vag??

Now thinking about my labor and birthing experience there are a lot of things that seemed very wrong and like its not supposed to be done..

First of all the nurse that I had was a total bitch! The whole entire time she checked me for dialation with lube but the last dialation check she used baby shampoo instead of the tube of lube she had right next to her and I asked her and she said "there's many uses for baby shampoo" .. but any type of shampoo up my vag don't sound right specially when there's a baby going to be passing through very soon.

Another thing is she WOULDNT let my mom stay with me or any of my older family only my boyfriend and she was arguing with her for anything through every contraction I had which was torture! I made my mom stay anyways but she was being a total bitch. She didn't check me for dialation for hours and last she checked I was on 6-7 and I was saying I felt the baby coming so my mom asked if she could just look and I said yeah so my mom got out her flash light and looked under my blanket to see if she can see the head (she didn't touch me at all either, just looked) the nurse walks in and goes off on my mother that my mom can't look at me down there. She started a big argument with my mom again.. I'm sure she didn't want anyone else in there kuz she wanted to do what she wants with me without anyone speaking up for me kuz my bf is young and he wouldn't know if they were doing anything bad.

Then they poked me in 3 different places for my epidural but I don't think they gave me the correct dose because I felt everything ! And when it was in she told me that I'm not allowed to press the little button they gave me for more epidural to come out only she can press it........

Then when I blacked out during labor and told them that I did and I need help. They told me I was making it up. They didn't even give me an oxygen mask and I blacked out twice.

When she was putting the internal monitors up me I was crying in pain telling her to please stop, she was jamming it harder and wouldn't stop until I cussed her out and told her to get me more epidural or something else so I don't feel it.

Ugh I'm not ever going to that hospital again!

I honestly think its kuz I'm on Medicaid.
Idk why they would treat me this way there's more but I can't really remember .. this whole thing makes me soo mad thinking back and now I know why my grandmothers and mom and aunts were so mad and went off on the whole l&d staff when we left.

Thanks for listening. I'm not sue happy but I wish I could sue this hospital for what they put me through..

Comments

• Omg that's horable id contact the hospitals bored and tell them or sue them
  • Wow. Im sorry you had to go through all of that, sometimes insurance plays a big part on how we are treated. Even though medicaid cover all expenses so it really dont make sense. Im glad your ok though and its probably best you dont remember everything. You can be mentally messed up by that so you might have a case. But hospitals are good with covering their a$$. Is the baby ok
  • @darknesofnight4u I know I want to do something but i don't even know how to go about it.

@trisharose yeah I think It's best I don't remember all of it, makes me never wana give birth again honestly it hurt soo bad. The baby is fine thank god. She was in the nicu for a few days due to her not knowing how to breathe and suck at the same time but she's all good and perfect now :)
  • Call a lawyer and tell them what happened they can go from there what to do
  • Some staff just really suck. The nurse has nothing to do with your Medicaid, that is not the reason. She's gets paid the same, no matter what.
  • I work in the medical field, soap is used a lot as lube
  • Glad shes ok. You will forget about that in time, dont let it scare you all hospitals arent like that
  • @darknesofnight4u if I get the time I will.

@jcbowker oh okay, I think she was just being a mean witch.. & really?? I had no idea I thought it was really weird she used more than half the bottle.

@trisharose thank you and yeah I know I will, I definitely plan to deliver at a different hospital when I have another baby but I'm still prolly guna be terrified.
  • I hope u do cause that ain't right what they did
  • @darknesofnight4u I hope I do too I'm Just constantly busy but ill try my hardest to find the time and if I do ill let you know .
  • @jcbowker That is surprising! I understand that it makes things slick but seems like it could be very irritating!
  • what omg thats stupid
    hospitals arent suppose to be that way towards pregnant
    woman medicaid or not they're suppose to treat you like a queen!
    thank god the hospital i went to was amazing!
    im sorry that you had a horrible time :[
    i know labor hurts sometimes but
    it shouldnt be that bad.
  • @Lindah22 I know :/ I don't wish that on anybody it was horrible. There were a few other moms that they did this to too, I know that because my grandma was asking around and she was kinda behind the scenes making them give me more medicine and check me for dialation and asking around if anyone else was going through this. My family was and is still burning up and I don't blame them. I'm so happy the hospital you went to was good! I really hope no one goes to the hospital I went to, the way people treat pregnant women nowadays is crazy...
  • Damn sorry yu had to qo thru that... One of the nurses i had was a bitch too.. I couldnt even stand the thouqht of her checkinq how dialated i was.. I think that was as painful or worse than the contractions i was qettinq... When she would check me i squeeze the s**t out of my mans hand &&close my eyes id even start shakinq cus she would take her sweet as time &&accordinq to her she was HELPiNG me out by stretchinq my cervix.. The last time she qot to check me before the epidural i started checkinq her hand out thinkinq damn this bitch has huqe hands but NO turns out she had her nails done LONG effinq nails!!! Im so qlad i noticed i sent my husband to make them either chanqe my nurse or start the epidural cus i was at 4cm she juss wanted to make me wait til i was at 5cm for who knows wut reason... So they started my epidural she came &&apoliqized &&said she was qonna b more qentle but i didnt care no more since epidural had me in heaven already lol... but other than her the hospital was pretty coo all the other nurses were nice &&qentle lol... Dont let that affect yu in the future tho qirlie juss dont qo back to that hospital in later preqnancies like yu said.. Hope we dont qo thru the same later on &&conqrats on yur bby qirl :-)
  • I wouldnt have put up with it! I asked for a different nurse during my stay cause she was a bitch and gave me an addituide(sp). For that point on everyone was nice to me.
  • @Lentoswifey ugh dialation checks I dreaded ! Wtf that bitch.. long nails?? Is that even allowed?? That's crazy . Well other than that nurse I'm happy your hospital was good n gentle :)
    & definitely totally positively sure not going back to that stupid hospital when I get pregnant again. & thank you♥ congrats on your bundle of love too :)

@proudmommy8789 I didn't even think to ask for a different nurse
  • Even if you aren't 'sue happy' I would contact the hospital and make an official complaint about your nurse, she sounds horrific and could be doing this to lots of other ladies! Hope you are doing well now its all over! (*)
  • oh wow. I'm sorry you had such a terrible nurse. I know nurses have a lot going on and can get stressed, but they chose to be a nurse so its part of their job to be nice and helpful to their patients. I'd probably contact someone who is over her and let them know how she was acting.
  • Yikes I'm on medicaid too and id kill someone if they did that to me. I only had my bf in there with me. And the epidural they had to do twice cuz they kpt hitting bone! I had to ask a nurse if I could push the buttn for the meds. And I also went into shock because of blood loss and was put on oxygen and had t get a blood transfusion. Mine was bad but urs sounds s much worse :(
  • @littlenat86 & @1stwoodsbaby you guys are right Im guna call in on her I really don't want anyone else going through that

@jazzi89 oh believe me I wanted to kill I was so angry and in pain and like helpless but thankfully my whole family was in the waiting room and down the halls. My grandma said she heard my scream down the hall when they were putting the internal monitors up me and she went into a rage and started arguing with the anestheologist (sp?) To give me more epidural or something stronger. I read your labor story before to and yours was no fun either :/ but thankfully its all over now and we have our babies in our arms.
  • Sorry that happened you should have ask for a different nurse or just don't go to that hospital my hospital was great they made sure I didn't feel anything n when I started to feel like it (epidural) was wearing off they gave me more meds on my request I was terrified lol n I was able to push the button for meds whenever I wanted because u can't overdose n they gave me just enough no pain but I could feel my baby coming out to push properly and was able to stand right after they did clear the room but not the ppl I requested to stay they really were horrible to you and glad you had your mom stay anyway some people really want to help u and 4 some its just a job and they can care less apparently and the last place those people should be allowed to work is a HOSPITAL! smh glad y'all are ok despite their inadequacies good job :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @hot2cold87 I'm happy your hospital was great! I know some people shouldn't work at hospitals if they can't be caring and helpful.. this world is soo twisted .. but Yes we are fine now and thanks :)

@lmelanson summerlin ! I would've thought valley would've been the horrible one to go to.. I was supposed to go to valley but refused it kuz I thought this would've happened there but it would've probably been better for me. Lol
  • Either way, the way you were treated was uncalled for! :(
  • Hey so yu went to summerlin hospital? I was thinkinq of qoinq there cus i had heard from a few friends it was pretty coo i went to sunrise childrens hospital tho.. Mostly all the females in my family have qone there to deliver &&its closest to where i live so yea i liked it there except for the nurse i had in the end lol..
  • @Lentoswifey you live in vegas? I had no idea lol. But I heard it was good too that's why I went but I guess not..and I used to go to sunrise when I was little I liked that hospital it wasn't bad at all.
  • Omg thats horrible, im so sorry you had to go through that...i would definitely contact a lawyer if I were you. Just curious, how old are you? I had one bad experience after labor where a nurse denied me my pain killer & ibuprofen at the same time because she said they both contain tylenol (which I know to be not true) & I have a feeling she did that because of my age (im 19)
  • my doctor used baby shampoo on me while i push Kayla out to help her slide out?? or clean up..idk..i don't remember,i thought that was weird too.
    sorry you had to go through all that!
  • Yea i live in north town ;-) i didnt know yu stayed in veqas either til yu said it happened at summerlin hospital lol.. So yea i liked how they treated me there at sunrise except for that bitch tryinq rip my cervix hahaha.