my right nipple

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
Is killing me!
I don't know if it's the latch or what. Its only my right nipple and it hurts the entire time she is feeding g and after.. its pink too.

My left is fine and I know she is getting milk from the right side because her mouth is full of milk when she falls off.

I have to close ny eyes and curl my toes when she first starts latching on. And it eases up once the milk flows through but it never goes away.

Any advice or tips??

Comments

• Nipple sheild and make sure shed latched correctly
  • I second the nipple shield and re-latching her. Trying a different hold may be better too.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm going threw this exact thing right now, down to the curling of the toes! My midwife says its yeast and I have to get a treatment to put on my nipple and in her mouth for 2-3 days. Maybe bring up yeast infection with it Dr to see if that's a posibility
  • Yea.. make sure her tongue is down. That was my sons problem and it was excruciating.. if you use the shield though try to eventually go back to breast..i used to use the shield and he started getting too much air
  • We used the shield on that side in the beginning and she hates it.. I think that's why it hurts so bad... ill bring it up tomorrow
  • I have that same pain but its getting better with each day. In the hospital she wouldn't get off my blobs the first 24hrs and even with the lanolin they cracked and started to bleed. Im healing up now and thank god.
  • I would say to get checked for yeast/thrush. Pain and the coloring you described are both signs.
    is your nipple itchy at all? Thats also another sign
  • @littlefae its not itchy at all. And can I have Thrush on just one nipple??
  • SShe is only 13 days old and I have to wake her up to feed her then pump so I was thinking it was just all the stimulation, but Its only my right side and you'd think it would be both.
  • Im not sure I've been told that it can be in both but you get simptoms in just one.. or you just get it in one but I would assume both since your baby nurses on both and it gets passed that way.
    I would keep an eye on it, and your babys mouth, they get the white film that doesn't wipe away and it will turn to that cottage cheese/curd looking that doesn't wipe away.
    In the mean time try different positions with your baby, like maybe the football hold so your baby is sucking it in a different manner and see if that helps. If it doesn't change in a day or two or your baby gets the white stuff in the mouth than I would call your dr.