babies born before due date

edited February 2011 in April 2011
Any early babies been born and how long are they will be in hospitaly and why did u deliver early?

Comments

• My son was 15 days early because of preeclampsia. He was only 5 pounds but perfectly healthy...he came home with me after 3 days in the hospital.
  • My daughter was 11 days early and a healthy 7lbs 3oz. She was just ready to meet us.
  • I have preeclampsia and was told they r taking my son at 34 weeks if they havnt had to induce me sooner if my blood pressure goes out of wack again. I had to speak to the neonatal.Dr's about preterm delivery and they told me to expect the baby to b in the hospital til my actual due date,to b on the safe side. However it all depends on how quickly the baby developes he could possibly come home much sooner. Im 30 weeks had a growth ultrasound today and the baby is measuring at 3.8 lbs, he is in the 61st percentile, which is really good. He also is doing very well practicing breathing. So I'm very hopeful and optimistic that he wont have to stay very long.
  • I'm going to start crying I'm high risk and preterm labor is a huge possibility for me but i haven't thought about what if i have to come home without him... i would be very sad
  • I had preeclampsia with my last pregnancy. I was put on bed rest to keep my BP under control.
  • I had my daughter 5 weeks early due to low fluid. She was perfectly healthy, never had to go to the NICU and we were at home 4 days later! :)
  • Did baby feed born weeks early?
  • My first was born @ 35wks5days and my second @ 36 wks....first weighed 8pd 11oz second 6pds 11oz.....both in nicu for few days but very healthy now. Had preclamsia with both. Hopefully will go longer with this one!!
  • My Daughter was born at 35wks and because the lungs are the last thing to develop, hers werent fully developed she was in nicu for a week i had to leace after 3 days and not to scare anyone but that was the hardest thing ive ever had to do!. I cried soo much I went to see her everyday and it never got any easier till the day, they told me I could take her.longest 4 days of my life.and to think theres a high chance this baby will come early too :,/
  • My son was born at 37 weeks weighing 5lb 13oz, no reason why just when he decided to arrive. We stayed in for 24 hours, and went home together. :-)
  • my daughter was born at 27weeks. weighing 1lb 14oz. she was in hospital 11 weeks. very hard lookin back but at the time u just cope to keep ur baby strong. good luck z
  • My daughter was born 8 weeks early because I have a progesterone deficiency. She had to stay in the nicu until she weighed at least 5 lbs and that took 3 weeks. She was perfectly healthy other than that.
  • I'm going to cry. :( you ladies are very strong. I would have been a wreck.
  • I am 35 wks and 4 days I'm due April 17, but I have preeclampsia, anemia and very high blood pressure I am scheduled.for march 27 at 6pm to start inducing me. I am scared but its for the safety of my baby girl and I. My last Ob appointment was Tue march 15 and they measured her at 5lb and 10oz. So we think maybe 6 maybe 7 lbs but I've been so sick the last few weeks so I have another appointment tomorrow and the said 2 appointment nxt weeks that to be ready bc they can amitt me anytime ..
  • My son was born at 34 weeks he stop breathing at first because his lungs werent strong that was so hard just watching then trying to get him breathing again and can't do any thing to help but thankfully they did get him breAthing again and he was in hospital 2 weeks I'm now pregnant again I'm going to be scared around 34 weeks this time don't want that to happen again it was so upsetting but he is perfectly healthy now x
  • My eldest son.. (now 3) was born at 31was weighing 3lb due to getting the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times with 2 tight knots in.. then suffered a stroke on delivery by emergency c-sec..spent 6 weeks in nicu.. wasn't so lucky with the healthy part, he now has cerebral palsy and is sick very often but is still a fighter :) mummys little hero
  • My oldest was born at 25 weeks in 2005, I developed preeclampsia and was admitted and he was taken via c-section. He came home just shy of three months later and is now 5 and healthy! Probably gonna have a similar story with baby number 2.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Twin sons born at 34 weeks, had an emergency csec due to seizures & my heart stopping. I spent 4 days in the hospital & the boys were transferred to the childrens hospital 20 minutes away. They spent 3 weeks in the nicu, because they wouldn't eat, & their heart rates kept dropping. Funny thing tho, once they put them together in one incubator after two weeks of being in the hospital, they perked right up.
  • @Almost4 aww bless.. how's he coping? How old is he?
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My daughter was born 4 weeks 1 day early, I had maternal fraternal transfusion which means my placenta swelled so much it stopped blood flow to the umbelical cord causing it to reverse I had to have an emergency c-section she was born severely anemic they didn't think that she was going to make it through the night she was rushed to st marys 2 hrs away & was in the NICU for 3 1/2 weeks she is now almost 3 & the only problem that she has is she catches colds easy. She is truly a miracle!
  • Mother of three wow she is touch by god
  • These story are amazing and I wish everyone blessing in future with their children
  • My mom was born at 7 1/2 months and weighed like 2 lbs or something... she's fine obviously but hearing this story my whole life kinda scares me