first smile?

edited October 2011 in Ages & Stages
How old was ur baby when they first smiled? My daughter is 3 weeks today and still hasn't smiled at me.. she smiles in her sleep that's it.

Comments

• Mine is 12 days old and smiles, but i dont think she knows she is doing it. she just does it when she is making faces. never when im talking or playing with her.
  • My son will be a month old Wednesday and has started to smile when I talk to him. Every baby is different though
  • Mine didnt smile til 8 weeks and also a newborn smiling in there sleep fab mean they have wind :)
  • edited October 2011
    Mine "smiled" since day one. But real on purpopse smile was around 2 months. Your baby is perfect dont worry
  • A real smile around 6 weeks on a regular basis he is starting to laugh now he will be two months tomorrow
  • Mine was two days old.. he smiles all the time and he is 4 wks today... He isnt smiling because somethings funny though
  • My son is 5 weeks,and just in the last few days I've been able to get him to smile,by making faces or tickling his belly with my nose,he smiles so big u can see his gums LOL