I'm trying to get my milk to dry up...

edited October 2011 in First time moms
How in the world am I supposed to sleep?? My boobies are huge!! I can't lay on my side or stomach and when I lay on my back it hurts also, i'm tempted to keep pumping but i'm already 36 hours into this. How long does it usually last? When can I get my normal boobs back? No bashing for not bf please

Comments

• Maybe pump just enough to relieve some of the pain. Don't pump to empty them. That way it'll slowly dry up without hurting
  • @sands3 that's a great idea! Thank you
  • No problem. Hope it helps!!
  • I just had my son oct 11... It took about five maybe six days to start feeling better. I wouldn't pump because even the smallest amout of pumping will bring even more milk. Try cold compresses and never use heat! I learned the hard way. And when u take a shower cover them up when the waters spraying on ur front. It sucks for a couple days and after the third or fourth day they won't be so sore. But as long as. U don't pump or breastfeed then it should take no longer then a week.
  • @mikaylasmommy thank you! I'll go get a cold compress now, 5 days isn't so bad, thanks for your input
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It is terrible for about 2-3 days, but after a week my milk was completely gone (thanks god). Don't let hot water touch them, keep them wrapped really tight- I used an ace bandage wrap on them TIGHT, and don't pump. It gets better, trust me. Hang in there hon!
  • Stick somw cabbage leaves in your bra. They dried mine right up quickly.
  • I didn't have any pain and all I did was pump, it was 4 times a day then 3 times, once it hit twice I stopped feeling letdown and by the time I was down to once a day i could barely pump any. I did two days on each amount so I was dry in 8 days
  • Stay in a tight sports bra and I let a hot shower on them just for a couple of mins just to relieve the pain. I dried up in 3 days but my armpits hurt for about a week!