im scared!! could use some encouraging words.

edited October 2011 in Breastfeeding
My daughter isn't gaining her weight back quick enough and they are talking about supplementing her with formula. This worries me that I will stop breastfeeding. Right now we supplement with pumped milk and after she takes the bottle she is fussy and it's hard to get her to latch back on.
I don't know what to do, I wake her up to feed her and then try and pump.. im really nervous.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Pump exclusively then.. if she is like 3wks you can put a little of that infant rice cereal mixed in. Is she fussy because she has gas? You can try gripe water its amazing..
  • She is two weeks old. And she is fussing because of nipple confusion not because of gas
  • edited October 2011
    Then if its just latch have you tried diff positions?
  • My son went through the same thing, he lost to much weight in the first week because he had trouble latching. So my ped. told me to pump exclusively, so wr could see how much he was eating. After a week he gained all his weight back plus some, but now he won't take the breast back, he gets supper mad if I try to latch him. Anyways now all I do is pump, its not that bad and at least he is healthy and still getting breast milk! To keep a supply I pump after everytime he eats and sometimes inbetween if I feel like there is milk built up! Good luck mom, hang in there!