when do you know to give more formula

edited October 2011 in Food
My son is now 26 days old and he's has been eating 2oz each feeding since he was born. He went from eating every three hours to 2 hours and now its getting closer to 1 and half hours. He usally spits up a little after he eats so I thought I was over feeding but not sure now. Any idea ?

Comments

• My daughter 3wks & drinks 4oz about 3-4 hrs I let her drink till she fights bottle away, that's how I kno she full. She sometimes spit up a lil but that just let's me know she full no biggie! Idk if that helped!
  • Going to try that thank you . Ok am going to do the burping more often also. He's a big baby born at 9 pounds. Hope this works cuz I feed him 3 oz a few days last week and he ate it all but I wasent burping him so I assumed I was over feeding cuz he spat up. Thank you for the advice
    @amyduh
  • @missq_1sttimemommy2b
    Yes it helps thank you also I think I have been underfeeding now I feel bad. Well see how it works out when he eats in a few
  • if he's eating that close together in time i would add an extra oz to his bottle and see how he does.. that's what i did with my little one.. and he's 3 weeks old eating 4oz every 3-4 hours
  • @firsttymemom thank you. Now I defenetly think am under feeding because all our babies are around the same age and eating around the same except minds
  • A few hunger cues are if your baby is curling their legs & arms into their body or trying to suck on blankets near them or their hand. Definately burp them often to prevent gas build up which will just make them fussy. Try to increase an ounce at a time & see if it helps out. Good luck!
  • Mine is 11 days old and is on 3oz already. She feeds every 3-4 hours.x
  • Up it to 3 or 4 oz