pedialyte

edited October 2011 in First time moms
so my one month old has been vomiting up his milk
i took him to the ER and they told me was fine
he didnt have a fever or diarrhea
they x-rayed him and sonogramed him and everything
came out fine they told me to give him pedialyte and then formula then pedialyte again for 2 days
and he was doing fine then he finished all his pedialyte in 2 days
and he just threw up now should i continue giving him pedialyte how long can i give it to him?
im gonna make an appintment tmrw with the pedi incase.

on and after he vomit he got hungry should i give him some more formula i dont have pedialyte on me right now
my boyfriends gonna go get some right now

Comments

• bump.... :[
  • My son does this too... His Pedi said it is fine as long as he is gaining weight and wetting diapers. I always give him more after he throws up but just a little bit. I don't let him fully feed all over again. It stinks doesn't it :((
  • edited October 2011
    @stbmilitarybrat
    yes it does!!!!! my poor lil bby :(
  • What formula are you giving him? My daughter was throwing up her formula too, like projectile. And so we switched her formula to enfamil gentle ease and she doesn't throw up anymore. And if it is the formula that's making him puke...the pedialyte will flush out his system...but then giving him that same formula after will just make him throw up again. Ask his pedi if he/she thinks the formula is upsetting him and ask about switching his formula.
  • i was feeding him simalac then switched him to gerber good start
  • Yeah...the gerber good start is what made my daughter puke...I've heard a lot of moms say that their babies puke with that formula. My daughters pedi said because she was puking the gerber good start up that she was lactose intollerant. But now she's doing fine on enfamil gentle ease.