did my water just break? o.0 (might be tmi, sorry)

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
so, i went to the bathroom... finished peeing and was just sitting there for a second thinking... when i went to wipe a good couple table spoons of clear liquid gushed out of me... some got on my finger so i smelled it just to make sure it wasn't urine and it didn't really have any smell at all... i've not had any contractions, that i know of, but its got me going 'hmmmm' i have a drs appointment in an hour n 15 minutes so i think unless i start having serious contractions, i'm going to just wait it out till then.

what do y'all think? could it have been my water?

Comments

• It could have been. Sorry My water didn't break on its own .
  • thing is... i've never even lost my mucus plug... lol i'm so confused... and now i'm having what /might/ be really light contractions?? iunno i'm kinna scared. i called my mom and asked her n she said to just wait till my appointment n tell my doctor what happened. i'm really hoping he is coming, i am so ready to hold my lil man! i'll be 38 weeks on sunday and considering the doctor says he's 3 weeks ahead in development... he should be ok, right? >.< argh i'm a nervous wreck, i don't want to tell my hubby or anyone else till i know for sure though...
  • When ur water breaks it keeps on dripping after that's what my midwife told me it prob was pee stop go to ur apointment if ur contractions get 3-4 min apart and don't stop even w drinking lots if water and laying down then go to l&d
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wait it our n let ur doc check u out first.
  • Out not our
  • @thehumancrockpot i'm due nov 13th. since it happened i took a shower and all thruogh the shower i felt kind of slick and gross between my legs, not just on my cooch, but like, my thighs as well... and i just feel wet... (tmi...sorry) iunno i'll talk to her when i go in. i actually have to leave now.

@everyone thanks for the advice, i'll update after my appoitment!
  • Fingers crossed for my bump buddy, although I will be insanly jealous lol! Much love too you damien and hubby xx
  • When water breaks its kind of sweet smelling and if you put a pad on it will be wet. It could be a small tear and baby has already blocked it with his head or other body part. Tell the Dr he may test you just in case it is a small tear. Labor dust.
  • I am on my way to l&d right now because my water broke yesterday and I wasn't sure what it was. The nurse at the hospital said it sounded more like he was on my bladder and made me pee myself! So I waited til my appt today since I wasn't having any contractions or anything. They checked me and sure enough it was my water! Good luck mama!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm at my appointment right now n I've had a couple strong contractions since it happened so here's hoping. Daddy doesn't know anything yet, he was asleep when I left but he has his phone turned up and on his night stand.

Argh, had a rather painful contraction in the middle of typing that soooo ya lol
  • i instantly knew it was my water breaking...woke up thought i peed myself but i couldn't stand up without a towel between my legs...i barely made it to the bathroom before it really broke...i had to stand in the bath tub for a few mins lol there was no question for me.

hopefully dr says it was your water! labor dust to you
  • Good luck hopefully they have some good news for you :) keep me updated.
  • I think it might have broke. I was due nov 13th and on oct 21st my water broke big time so I wasn't questioning that...lol. but I started having menstrual cramping about 30 mins after it broke and the just kept getting worse and worse and closer together. I would say, if you haven't normally experieced these cramps or contractions, then it only makes sense that you are in labor. This was my first baby and my water broke at 12:40am and I had her at 10am so don't wait too long to tell hubby, lol.
  • Eh, it was all bad news. Water didn't break, might of lost my mucus plug, only dialated a cenimeter, and my strep b was positive.
  • I'm sorry hun :( labor dust!
  • I just really need something good to happen.... the last 2 weeks have been miserable and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight ... my niece has been a total brat, my mil is crazy, my hubby has an ulcer, its just one thing after another... oh, and I haven't slept barely any all week cause I'm stuck at my sil's till 2-3 in the am....just... ugh
  • I'm sorry :( %%- %%-
  • Yuh, it's up there ^^^ a couple posts. Lol @crazyhmommy
  • Sorry Hun but at least ur dialating
  • Yeah. I just want my lil man already
  • Owww I was hoping for you.