Some questions about self induction. It has begun!

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and I'm ready to get this lil guy out! :) what worked for you? I'm thinking about going and buying a pineapple haha.. what kind of cinnamon tea and raspberry tea do you need to get? Is there a technique to bouncing on the ball? Does walking at an incline make a difference? Does sex only work if you orgasm? Is there anything I'm missing?

Comments

• I walk about 45 mins twice a day and just bounce on my ball every now and then and im at 3.5cm :)
  • @kristaf22 lol maybe I'll try, it's way cold outside though and my clumsy ass will probably trip!

@kelseyjo I'll try walking more, I have a nordic treadmill and ball I never use haha
  • I am pretty discouraged I don't think anything works lol! I even had her strip my membranes yesterday and I'm still carrying this boy!
  • There is no raspberry tea for self induction btw. But red raspberry leaf tea helps strengthen your uterus if you start drinking it WEEKS in advance. You're probably too late to start drinking it to help. My Dr had me start it @34 weeks for my irritable uterus. Maybe next baby you should try it.;))) It worked well for me!
  • @jessandjay hopefully you get somewhere soon! I was going to ask to get my membranes stripped at my next appointment

@mrs4c haha oh :) well next baby! I don't even like tea so it's hard for me to drink it at all
  • Lol ik I hope it works! Hopefully it works fir u when u get it done. My Dr didn't want to do it until I was 39 weeks but after she said that I'm pre
  • I'm pretty sure I looked like I was going to cry so she was like uhh well as long as his heartbeat is good we can do it lol. My stupid phone sent the other one before it was done
  • @jessandjay I'm not sure if my dr will do it because I was measuring small at my last appointment but I got a growth scan and they said everything was fine so who knows! Have you been having contractions since your sweep?
  • I bounced on my ball one night, and the next day my water broke! I bounced and rolled my hips around.. I was really only trying to relieve some hip pain, because I wasn't even full term yet.. I really don't know how much the bouncing had to do with it. I think my baby girl is just hard-headed like her momma and decided to come when she wanted to!
  • Not really :( after I had it done I walked at the mall for awhile and I got some cramps and then when my boyfriend and I went to bed we had sex and I had some contractions but only bh :( I was hoping to wake up in the middle of the night in labor but I didn't :(
  • Bounced on my ball for 15 minutes earlier then I went a bought a pineapple and some cinnamon tea, learned how to cut a pineapple lol, eating it and drinking my tea now, hopefully something happens!
  • I've tried everything but castor oil and sex(my husband is overseas). Nothing is working for me:(
  • @pawgio...tmi but I've been havin sex a lot and I dnt always have a orgasm but yesterday I got checked and I was 3cm
  • I was told by the l/d nurce to have lots of sex because the sperm will help soften the cervix and dilate you
  • @sands3 I'm scared to try castor oil :( it sounds so gross. My fiance works all day and never wants to have sex. When does your hubby come home?

@imanewmommy06 my fiance works all day he never wants to have sex :( we do a few times a week but he usually gets off too fast for me to get really into it
  • February :( I drank castor oil with my first and its was bad. Never again!
  • @sands3 that sucks :( I've considered drinking it but don't want to be on the toilet all day..
  • Yea. You probably will be. It worked for me, I went in labor the next day, but it was just a bad experience.
  • Just ate an entire pineapple and drank a cup of tea.. my belly is very full now and my mouth hurts from all the pineapple juice :( I hope something happens
  • edited October 2011
    Nothing worked for me:( even induction drugs!!