Help please...baby will only sleep with me

edited October 2011 in Sleep
So my daughter is 5 days old n refuses to sleep anywhere but in my arms or on my chest. If I put her in her bassinet she wakes up screaming within 15 minutes! Now I also breast feed so I hold her for that whole time plus when she is sleeping so that leaves me with almost no time to shower, eat, clean, or walk around ( I had a c-section so I need to walk to help it heal faster) now don't get me wrong I love our snuggle time but I can't sit in bed 24/7....what should I do??

Comments

• Try swaddling her and lay her down so that she'll kinda be on her side....that may help
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tootie08 @ashleyfew yea I'm gonna try swaddling her...I only do it sometimes cause it gets hot in my room. And yea I lay her down as gently as I possibly can
  • Like ashleyfew said I swaddle my baby and put her in her swing and she will sleep while I get things done
  • Our room is hot too and we strip him down to diaper and then swaddle. Really push getting that walking in though. I also had a c-sec and I know you need to walk. Can you carry her when you walk. For the sleeping I suggest swaddle and maybe a paci if you use it. Try to calm her without taking her out of the bassinet. She will cry but if you do it consistantly she will learn. I do that with my boys bouncer and now he will sit in it without crying.
  • @lilbit01_209 yea I can walk while holding her....I started walking around while breastfeeding and I swaddled her and put one of my t-shirts as the sheet so she can smell me and she slept for like an hour or so in her bassinet! I was so proud :)
  • Lol... Thats good.. My son likes to be hot when he sleeps we found. We bundle him up and he is happy!! Lol... silly babies!!
  • My daughter had that problem. I just take one of her blankets n tie it around my waste for the day then wrap her in it n put her to bed either that or a take a nap with one of her blankets or use my shirt as a sheet. She now sleeps 7 to 12 hours in her crib :) its wonderful