Any advice on what to do...

edited October 2011 in First time moms
My baby is so spoiled she loves to sleep in my arms while im sitting or laying down. And when I put her down on pillow she wakes up & cry.

Comments

• I have that prob a lot. Try swaddling. Another thing I do is put my hand on his cheek or hands until he falls back asleep
  • @biffymnstr I tried having my face near her face til shes in a deep sleep or having her feet touch me but in only works for a couple of minutes :-/
  • Omg that's my baby. But she let's me put her in the bouncer. Bright starts ingenuity automatic bouncer from walmart. She loves it.
  • Try using a swing and white noise as well as swaddling...www.troublesometots.com has a good sleep guide...Im following her suggestions and having success. Good luck!
  • How old is your baby
  • Swaddling and paci and sometimes depending on age letting them cry it out
  • I was starting too have that problem too but babygirl took a little nap in her crib today....I retired swaddling her and she hated it!!! Put her on her side
  • My son too download baby soothing sounds on android and put something with your scent on it near Nyla
  • My baby is the same way:(
  • @steph_due_101611 & @mom2be I have a swing & she doesnt last long in there also. But ill check out that website. Thanks ladies

@proudmomma 5 weeks on Tuesday

@darknesofnight4u wat is swadding?? She takes paci. I tried lettin her cry it out but i feel bad after a min or two :(

@newmomma13 she sleeps in her bassinet in the beginning for an hr or so but I guess im the bad one who spoiled her n now she loves the arms. She does love to sleep on her side when she is in a deep sleep.

@preggointx I didnt like the baby soothing sound but I download the rain app & I like that one wayy better but thank u :)

@adri805 :( sometimes I cry when she cries loud n i cant put her down :'(

@2ndbutfirst i never tried letting her sleep on her belly yet. Ill try that also thank u.
  • The website has a section on babies that hate swings--I hope it helps you bc its been a life saver for me! I would cry right along with him too!
  • What i did was swaddle then once they are in a deep sleep gently and slowly law them in their crib. If they start fussing but not crying wait till the cry comes. They start a self soothe method around that age.
  • i ment swaddling my phone is stupid with word prodictor lol
  • my baby is like that especially when its dark she is better during the day. the midwives told me that when it gets dark it reminds them of the womb and they need their mum. i was told a few things
    swaddle her - doesnt work she absolutely hates it.
    use one of my shirts as a blanket. - sometimes works if i can do so without waking her up ( she is a very light sleeper)
    music - almost always works and if not i turn the dryer on or vacuum.. thats even better but it can be very annoying for you.

she also does prefer to lay on her beelly but i try not to let her do that because of the sids risk...
  • I feel like that too. I get frustrated
  • @2ndbutfirst my daughter is sleeping good on her belly thanks :)
  • Is she your first? I held my first all the time and would rock him to sleep. It was hard cuz he was my first, I was so in love I never put him down. Well I created a monster and the longer I let it go on the harder the habit was to break. I did the total opposite with my second and put him to bed awake every night at the same time. He was the best sleeper out of all my kids, he would only wake up once in the middle of the night. 5 years later he's still my sleeper;) Good luck, I know its a lot easier said than done but you'll find a way to make it work for u and your baby. Every baby is different :)
  • U could always try patting her or humming or something. I like those musical things to put in their beds too those work wonders too;)
  • @nmartinez79 yes, she is my first I finally have my baby after trying to concieve for five yrs :) n I always wana hold her n kiss her n talk to her. Lol ive created a monster also. At night she sleeps in my arms til shes so tired I take my arm away. She sleeps thru the night. Well I get up n change her diaper n feed her about 3 times. But during the day is when I cant put her down bc she wines n cries :( today she slept for about two hrs on her belly :) im glad ur second baby sleeps well actually u trained him well lol thanks for ur comment. Ill make sure I do wat u did with ur second if im blessed with another one :)