induction question .

edited October 2011 in Labor
so im 2 days past due to have my baby girl . i gave birth to my son by induction and i was in labor for almost 9 hours , well you know how people say your second labor goes quicker than your first . well im getting induce this pregnancy also on tuesday . i was wondering if my labor would go quicker even thought im being induced . or does that just go for people who went into labor naturally ?

Comments

• Its not true either way according to my Dr. My second was longer than my first. I was induced both times
  • Not sure...
  • @Proudmomma dang cause im getting induced on 11.1.11 and i dont wanna be in labor more than 24 hours lol
  • I was induced for my first and 2nd baby the 2nd delivery did go quicker. But that's not always the case just depends how ready ur body is to labor. I just had my 4th child 3rd induction and it went so smooth and was short.
  • I'm sure you wont go that long. Most doctors will do a c section if the baby doesn't come for a certain amount of time when using pitocin. My 2nd was only an hour or so longer and i think that was because my epi failed and i was in so much pain i couldn't relax so i couldn't progress fast enough
  • I dont know how tru it is. My 1st was 13-14 hours and my 2nd ( an induction) was 7 hours.
  • @kailiasmomma05 @Proudmomma @angel26
    thanks mamas , my epi failed also with my son . thats the first question i ever asked my OB was if it was going to work this time and he said it wasnt the medicine it was the way they put it in my back but they fired all the old ones and got new doctors so im praying it works . and i really dont wanna have a csection !
  • I'm not sure but I was induced. Started on pitocin at 4 am and was pushing by 10. I was also really active throughout my pregnancy.
  • My entrithiqual failed with my first but in my family certain drugs don't work on us. It be great if it works next time and that was the issue. I'm sure you will be fine.