anyone eles?

edited October 2011 in First time moms
have this problem with there baby?
so my son is one month old he drinks 2 to 3 onces of formula
he's been spiting up alot and im not sure but what looks like like vomit cause it just shoots out
unless spit up can shoot out too but it comes out in puddles usually around 2 or 3 in the morning almost everyday
i went to the pedi and i swear to god i think they dont believe me because im a first time mom
she told me nothing was wrong and are you sure its not just spit up and i of course i got mad and told her no no no
and she said its reflux anyone have a bby with reflux that does this?
and i was feeding him Gerber good start gentel formula
i just switched him out last night to Simliac Sensitive although the pedi said its not the formula who knows?
HELP? :[
i feel helpless

Comments

• I heard reflux will cause them to throw up. I don't have personal experience with baby reflux. I did think that changing formula and having the baby sit up, or at an incline will also help. Sorry I'm not much help. Good luck!!!

• Yes I've heard that! none of my babies ever had it but, I've heard about that symptom and others for reflux on here.
  • Its spit up. My daughter is a big spit up baby. One time it shot out and got me in the face. Key to knowing if its reflux is if the baby is gaining weight or not.
  • Sounds like spit up to me. My baby is,bf and has a few of those every now and then depending on how ingorged I am.
    Since its thevsame time and sounds like early morning it could be from laying flat after eating to much. I put a towel under my sons bassinet matress to help elevate one side and it has helped so much
  • @Proudmomma
    @LittleFae
    i looked up some of his symptoms could it be Pyloric Stenosis?
  • My son has reflux. Im a ftm too. I use similac spitup rec by his pedi. He does much better that way..before he spit up every feeding and he had projectile vomiting. Now he rarely ever spits up. Also burp him after every ounce and have him sit up a half hour after feeding..
  • @kritten_octoberbby
    how old is he? so he had projectile vomiting also? did he vomit everyday?
    oh and before he vomit did he look uncomfortable like keep tossing and turning?
  • He is now 5 wks. The tossing is probably heartburn like my son. He didnt projectile everyday.
  • my son was the biggest puke monster for at least the first 8 months, they checked for pyloric stenosis but he didnt have it, we put him on enfamil ar, it has rice starch in it to make it thicker...it helped but he still threw up, it didnt bother him at all though. ive heard some moms give their babies an antacid medication, but I say as long as it doesnt bother him then hes fine
  • About 2wks i think
  • My son was a big spit up baby, I was always covered in it lol
    I would try burping more often and maybe sitting up a bit higher when feesing and keeping upright after feeds. Those things helped but didn't really fix it. He grew out of it around 6 months.