castor oil...i want to hear your stories

edited October 2011 in Pregnant
I'm debating whether to give it ago or not so would like to know how much you took and how you took (straight or mixed with something), how often you done it and what it resulted in and anything else I need to know....
Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Bump I'm not sure about it either. My question is if it causes mom to poo her brains out can't it cause baby to produce feces in the womb??
  • It didn't work for me. I tried this on Tuesday n I'm due tomorrow. I was on the toilet every other hour for almost 12 hrs. I did get braxton Hicks, but that's it. I think it would work if the conditions are right. My baby wasn't dropped, i wasnt dialated at all n was only 50% thinned. I think thats y it didn't work. If you're gonna try it, here's what I did: I took an empty bottle n mixed 2oz oil with 8oz orange juice. Shake it up good n chug real quick before it seperates. Then drink plenty of fluids throughout the next few hours to make sure you're hydrated
  • I drank it with my first. 2oz mixed with oj. I only had to drink one dose...was one the toilet within 1-2 hours for half the night. I did go in labor the next day. My son did have his first bowel movement in the womb, however, I don't know if it was from the castor oil or because he was late.
  • I did it n I mixed it 2oz of castro 2oz juice for the taste n 1/2 oz of vodak I dnt recommened alchol during pregnancy but it helps w/the bathroom trips...... N I was hacing contractions b4 they where 12 min apart n once I took it they went to 1-3 min apart went in at 1 got relwased at 3 went back n at 5 had my daughter at 9 n the mornung.... All in all I had her 10 hours after I took it
  • I tried it. Figured it would have worked. I was dilated to 4cm n 80% effaced. I drank the 2oz of each. All it did was make me poop once. so I waited a few hrs and did it again. Got a couple contractions and pooped once more then nothing. I ended up being induced at 39wks