i just wanna cry :-(

edited October 2011 in Depression
I think I'm depressed I had my son 17 days ago. Today my mom came over to help me n now my husband is home and he asked me if I wanted to feed the baby and I snapped and said no I dont wanna hear him cry. I have not held my son all day and I feel like a horrible mom. Anyone have any advice to get through this?

Comments

• My baby girl is 18days old and I've cried the past 4nights. I bf and i just wanna give up. I feel like I've failed. No matter what i do i feel like i don't produce enough and it leaves her hungry. I cry because she cries. Last night my mom came in my room and tools her cause i couldn't do it. She gave her a bottle and put her to sleep. I just wanna lay in bed and sleep and sleep and not feel like a single parent. Bd works overnight shift and sleeps all day. I cry when i feed her cause it hurts. I've seen a lactation consultant and she's latching right. Im just really sensitive. My pump is a piece of shit manual avent pump. I feel like im depressed and useless. If i can't provide for my baby enough milk then i should just give up. But i keep trying for my baby girl. I love her. I have my highs and lows with her. It might help to vent to someone. To get how your feeling out. Find someone you trust to talk to.
  • There is nothing wrong with switching to formula for any reason. Being a mum is hard, its certainly not a glamour job and its okay not to like it. There will be times that you feel like a bad mum from now untill the end of time. All you can do is your best. Keep in mind your baby loves you so much, more than anyone in this world. If you feel that its a bit more than just feeling a bit low its a good idea to talk to your doctor who might be able to prescribe something or refer you to someone to talk to. Never feel ashamed and always talk about how you feel, I promise there are millions of other mums feeling the same way
  • I'm having a hard time breastfeeding too, I feel like I'm producing enough but my baby is up from 2 am to 6 or 7 in the morning it seems like every night. She is latching right but like you Steph I'm sensitive. It hurts so bad thr first few minutes but I just try and breathe through the pain and it usually eases up. So many moms have told me they gave up and gave their babies formula and I don't want to be one of those moms I've heard so many positive things about breastfeeding I don't want to sacrifice my baby's health for my benefit. It gets hard though in the middle of the night when all she wants to do is eat and all I want to do is sleep!
  • I'm not breast feeding anymore. I have not pumped all day or nursed him. My husband says I'm just tired but I just feel like crap and I just want to leave.
  • please dont put to much stress on urself this is a time to enjoy , know that u are doing ur best and if u have to switch to formula its ok :)