breastfeeding and formula

edited October 2011 in First time moms
Ok my lil man isn't born yet but when he is I plan on breastfeeding him while I'm home and formula feeding when his daddy is watching him. Daddy works 3rd shift 4 days a week so he is going to have our lil man when he's up nights on his nights off. (Yay for rest!) Anyway, I've heard of other moms combining bottle n breast, have any of you had any major problems? Have any suggestions? I just want to be prepared he could be here any day.

Comments

• I give both to my little one but I try to limit the formula with pumped milk so I don't risk lowering my supply
  • I plan on pumping too. I just have to find one I can afford...
  • Do not get the, mi firstyear pumps. Those are garbage
  • The mi first year pump works great for me..I love it and only paid 60 for it....I would suggest pumping though and giving that on a bottle at night for daddy to give...but if you do plan in breastfeeding you may want to wait to give bottle cause then baby wil get lazy and not want to breastfed cause they have to work harder for it then with a bottle and you'll want baby to learn how to latch on properly
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ive had problems giving jovani formula. Its not the bottles though I honestly think its the taste because he drank two ounces of pumped milk with no problem but with the formula it either takes him forever or he just doesn't drink it. If I were you i'd wait till your milk fully comes in & then give him pumped milk so your supply doesn't go down but also to get him used to the bottle. Thats another problem I did have at first was that he prefered the boob & wouldn't take a bottle so it was something we had to work on. Also it depends on the baby but he may not be satisfied with a bottle. Sometimes after I give jovani a bottle he still wants to nurse for comfort & isn't satisfied until he does.
  • My daughter is nearly 7weeks and gave her formula the other day and just would not take it.. she takes breastmilk from a bottle though but she def loves the boob better i guess its a comfort thing.. goodluck :)
  • @damiens_mommy the evenflow pump is lesd thsn 50 bucks and thats for double. To me its better than a lot of pumps.