nipple stimulation(38.3 weeks)

edited October 2011 in Labor
How?!?! I've googled it and got three different answers.
1. Rub palm over nipple in circular motion.
2. Rub nipple between thumb and fore fringer.
3. 'Milk' nipple.

Which is it?? And fow how long? Some sites said 2 min on then rest for 3 min. And does it really bring on labor?

I'm due in 11 days. Making a 18 hour drive in 4 days and hubby deploys in about 17 days. So I'm a little anxious for Baby to come. Though we still don't have a name.
I just started to have a few braxton hicks past cpl days, but I want the real thing!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kristaf22 thanks for tagging her. :) I should have just asked her. But I know everyone always asks her for advice. She's amazing :)

Thank you @homebirthadvocate !! I'm on vaca so just going to get a cheap hand pump used and toss it(I don't like the idea of a used one) plus I have one back home.
  • @homebirthadvocate when the contractions start do i continue the stimulation or start timing the contractions?
  • Oo yay my sister in law has one :)

Ooo good question @mommy2b1111 !!

Anyone who is on know? I'm about to go start
  • As soon as i start, the contractions start but i dunno if i should stop. I dnt wanna over due it b cuz i heard u can over stimulate And the contractions b come too stressful for baby and is likely to end in c section.. smh
  • @homebirthadvocate I'd like to try my pump for this cuz when i do it by hand,its almost irritating cuz it tickles a lil n just makes me want to itch. So I gotta question .. obviously baby isn't here yet, but will be very soon. If i pump for stimulation, will my colostrum come out? I feel like I'd be taking that away from the baby for when he finally arrives.
  • @homebirthadvocate I produce a LOT of colustrum just by hand pumping. I have yet to use the breast pump b.c hubby wanted to sleep so I just used my hand(but fell asleep too so no contractions. Lol)
    my new question: should I freeze the colustrum I collect?? I'm assuming I'll get a lot since I do from just pumping with my fingers. I thiught I read the colustrum is the best part for baby..