Self inducing!to everyone and @homebirthadvocate

edited October 2011 in Labor
What are somethings i can do to jump start labor! Im 37w i know still soonish... But want to know for next week:) please and thanks everyones help would be great!

Comments

• Walking and sex
  • Walk I walked every day. I bounced on my balk every day. Sex. Staying active is the most effective way. I tried epo once and it was the night my water broke lol but I heard that works. Red raspberry leaf tea but it just causes contractions because its strengthening your uterus. Nothing will work unless your baby and body is ready though.
  • I did jumping jacks squats yoga ran in place and did some crazy as* dance moves and I dilated from a 1 to a 4 plus 50% effaced in 3 days they also say Austrian black licorice helps start labor. you can find it at Wal-Mart for $2 something a bag.
  • @squirt299 thaaanks!
    @Samantha i need to get a ball! I reaaaally want one!
    @Proud_Mommy_And_Wife i will be doing plenty of jumping jacks and squats!
  • Walk Up & Down Hills Trust Me It Works
  • @Mommyy2Be ok!... But its ginna be hard to find hills!
  • Sex doggie bc it deposits more by the cervix and walking and joga ball I'm gunna make the labor cake this weekend I also hurd cinamon tea
  • Walmart I think I paid $10 and it came with pump. It helps a lot.
  • I'm 38 weeks & I want him out..but I'm lazy
  • @blushing_mommy did any of these work? I'm currently 34 weeks and they are on about inducing me due to my diabetes and I really don't want to be as I was induced with both MJ and Benjamin.. Obviously not going to try now but I'm looking for ideas.
  • Walking, squats, sex, epo, raspberry leaf tea...however none worked for me
  • Nothing. Really, nothing :(

Labor begins when baby and mom simultaneously release a hormone that triggers the onset of labor. Nothing, but medical intervention, can simulate that. There are things that can help soften your cervix, tone your uterus and help move labor along more smoothly!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sands3 what's epo?

@homebirthadvocate my diabetes is very much spot on, has been all pregnancy. Only blips have been when I've been under the weather. I am on insulin and metformin to control it, have been since Feb 2011.
  • Evening primrose oil