INDUCTION QUESTION!!! For the mommies who have been through this. (:

edited October 2011 in Labor
Okay, soo, I'm not due until tomorrow, Nov 1, but today at my appt, my Doctor gave me an induction date for this Saturday, Nov 5. Odd, I know, but I'll take it. Lol. Anyways.. I went into false labor on 27th, and was told that I'm 2cm dilated & 50% effaced. Now, my question is.. If I'm already dilated, is the process still the same? Like, the balloon thing to dilate me, or will they just start me on Pitocin or whatever?

Comments

• They will probably only do pitocin unless you stall out. Then they may do more.
  • When I was induced i was 3-4cm and 90% effaced and all they gave me was the pitocin. Every dr might do it differently but that's how I got it done.
  • I was 1 cm and zero % effaced. Just soft down there is what they told me. And I had to do the cervadil or however you spell it. The tampon thing the night before the pitocin. My doc was fully expecting the experience not to work even though I was almost a week late, but everything went so fast! He was amazed how fast my body went into action!! Good luck and Congrats! :)
  • Thank you! Everyone I know who has had a baby, have all been induced, but they all weren't dilated and had to get the balloon thing, so i didnt know if it might be different if you're already dilating. i guess i'll find out. i need a xanax or something tho, cuz i'm starting to get really nervous & shaky. smh. I'm terrified of labor.
  • I was 2cm and 30%. They started me on Cytotec. My body did great with that and didn't need pitocin. Good luck!!":)
  • I was 2 cm dilated so they did cervidil to see if my body would go into labor without pitocin...and it did ..but every doc is diff
  • I was 1 cm and 50% effaced and got cervadil and pitocin. Everything went fine. I was 6 days passed my due date.