Breast feeding boobies????:0

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
My boobs pre pregnancy were a 34 B now 4 weeks pp and breast feeding they are a 36 D!! How much do boobs full of milk weigh? Trying to figure out my weight loss so far but my boobs are so much bigger I'm not sure if my number is too accurate.

Comments

• idk...i was 38DD before i got preggo and they have stayed pretty much the same..the bra doenst fit quite rite when its almost time 2 nurse....ive wondered how heavy they are full of milk....i usually weigh after i feed 2 get the most accurate weight! :)
  • I want to know that to. I was a 34c, then when my milk came in I was a 36E. And now its been 3 months since I've breast fed and im now a 34DD.
  • edited November 2011
    I wouldn't think it would make really a pound if difference, unless you know for sure you are pumping 16ozs+ it isn't even a lb each time. I am at 6-10 ozs each pump session, that is almost or just over 1/2 a lb. I was a 34 D before and am a 36 F now.
  • God I would love to pump that much in one session I have only ever got about an ounce @jellybelly1015
  • edited November 2011
    @eeyore, how old is your baby? Mine is about a month. I only pump the big number when hubby is bottle feeding her the milk
  • edited November 2011
    mines have just become fuller. i was a 32dd now 34dd with my boobies spilling out...i hope they don't get much bigger when my milk comes in
  • I'm more excited to see people I recognize on this app than the answers I got. Lol. This app has been on the boring side lately. Lol. Anyways, thanks for everyone's input! :) I too wish I could pump that much! I also only get maybe an ounce when I hand express!
  • Mine were 36 D now 5w pp 38 DD! I pump exclusively every 3 hours and get 5~6 oz total.
  • @jellybelly1015 3 months have three kids and have never really produced that much just one of those unluck ones that doesnt get to not supplement with formula
  • For me thats good to know bc before prego i was...i mean I AM 36 A!!!!! So i have HOPE.....lol...im considering to breastfeed :-D
  • I'm a dd until I pump/ or nurse then I'm a d lol. I was a c before I got prego.
  • I keep joking with hubby that I'm going to weigh my boobs on the produce scale at the grocery store.
  • @conreeaght I nearly peed my pants with that comment! :)
  • @eeyore I'm sorry :( a little is better than nothing though! I supplemented w formula until I made enough, but bc she was tongue tied, now she is still so used to bottle I am stuck to pump :( she won't latch anymore correctly. So either painful boobs or bottle.
  • @jellybelly1015 I wonder if she would latch to you if you used a nipple shield maybe she would think it's a bottle, just a thought.what kind of bottle does she like?
  • Liquid weight is much heavier then just "fat" weight. So it could be a couple pounds different :)
  • @Mrs4C lmao. Sorry ;) but you have to admit it is tempting.
  • @eeyore, we did nipple sheild to get her on, then after a couple days got her on without and she rejects it now. We use,Avent w slow flow (1) nipples. She has no problem taking to me, and gets the milk out, but she keeps lips curled in almost like a vice grip I can't fix. A lot of the time the last three or so days she rejects the bottle, so I just have to deal bc she has to eat