Are there any GREAT fathers out there???

My BF was wonderful until weeks after we had out son. He's still a great guy, but lacks so much effort in taking care of our son. You know, the typical: not helping unless being asked, always finding ways to go out with friends when he can, etc.

Please ladies OR single fathers... tell me there is hope lol. Because since I've become a mother I learned how truly strong women are and how truly weak men are when they become fathers.

Comments

• My boyfriend is awesome :) he does things when I don't even tell him to he truly is a great dad and he's only 19 :)
  • I feel the same way hardly ever get any help from my bf and night time help is out of the question its all on me once he goes to sleep and he only helps maybe once a day after work
  • There's hope!!.my husband great with the kids!
  • I think my bf is great however he doesn't change poopy diapers. Last few times he tried I thought he was going to puke on our son. They were the explosive diapers though lol. And feedings I'm only breast feeding I'm going to try pumping more so he can be more involved. But he loves holding him and being near him. He also doesn't get up in the nights either.
  • How old is your baby it might all change when baby starts bring more mobile guys think new horns are boring. Try toughing it out he may be fantastic later. Have you tried expressing to him how you feel?
  • there is hope! my bf is great. he works so much then he helps when he gets home. i feel bad because i am a stay at home mom but i need rest too lol..but ever since we got together years ago we both stopped "partying" so that was never a problem for us.
  • There is hope! My man is a great dad. I know a lot of men that would be great dad's too and I know a lot of great dads so keep your head up
  • My man is a fantastic dad. But he has 2 kids from a previous relationship so I knew he would be good. He will pick up bubs when she is having a hissy fit and settle her, change dirty nappies, get me things if im busy feeding, helps with my son from my previous relationship... But you dont get what you dont ask for. Dads assume we are superwomen when it comes to the kids and figure we have everything taken care of. I ask for what I need from him and he is glad to help.
  • edited November 2011
    Same as @mommylovessparkle & @myheartzx3 only mine is 18.
  • My hubbie is fantastic w kids when I watch my neice he helps me soo much bc I can't chase after her I'm due in less than 19 days running after her causes bad contractions I don't even ask him so there is hope :)
  • He's 29 btw I'm 23
  • My fiance is one of the best fathers out there. He has been so helpful with my daughter and now our son who was born on Oct 27th. I couldn't hv ask for a better man in our lives. Believe me they are out there..:-)
  • Our son is coming anytime, my hubby has taken over cooking, laundry, my 7yo almost everything! He said my job is growing baby til he comes out! He has changed newborn diapers (he baby sat his 2 older nieces & nephew as a teen) & is so looking forward to finally have his own! He's 37.
  • i couldnt ask for more from my fiancee, he is amazing most of the time!!
  • edited November 2011
    There is hope! My hubby isn't to much onto taking care of the baby. She's 8wks. But he was the same way with our older two. Bit he makes up for it by providing for us, house work, taking care of out other two. He'll be more into her her in another month or so :)
  • My hubby is wonderful, I'm on maternity leave right now and he's working he still gets up at night to help me. I had a csection so I couldn't do much the first few weeks well he was on on top of everything. We are very blessed to have him:)
  • My boyfriend is a great father! He's working full time to support us and pay all of my bills while I'm on maternity leave and then he comes home at night and helps me around the house, cooks dinner every night. Always gets me things or hands me things while I'm breastfeeding since I'm kind of tied down and never fusses about it. He is great with our daughter, even wakes up in the middle of the night to help me if she is fussy even though he has to work early. I'm so thankful for him!