Empty Nest Syndrome??

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so I'm 23 wks and about to move into a house w/ my bf next week. I live w/ my parents and I think my mom is getting empty nest syndrome. Whenever I mention the house or that I'm happy we found something she never acts happy or excited for me. I get the feeling she's pissed or hurt or something. I hate it when we fight, it makes me stressed and upset! I'm just curious if anyone know if empty nest syndrome is real or not???

Comments

• My mum's the same even though she has like 3 other kids in the house :/ but I already moved out like 6 months ago, but since I've found out I'm pregnant she's been doing my head in!! and getting jealous cos i live closer to my fiance's family then to her
  • Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in the situation! I'm sry she acts like that towards you. Hope it doesn't get worse aftr I leave, but it wouldn't surprise me! Hope our situations turns around!
  • Yeah I just keeping reasurring her that she will still see me and the baby, My fiancee drives and it takes 30 mins on the train and also that someone will come and get her when i'm labour kinda helping a little bit but if i mention his family doing anything for baby then omg overly jealous for a few hours lol so just keep reasurring her :)
  • I'm married 37 with 3 kids and one on the way. My parants are still trying to get me ( and family) to move in with them. Lol I just visit them as much as I can. They only live an hour and half away. My oldest is 17 will be 18 in may and is going away to college. I now feel their pain. We are a very close family but I could not convince my daughter to go to school someplace close so she would not have to move out. She will be an hour away from us but 20 minutes from my patents. We will see if I lose it when she leaves.