Help! My 2 week old is already sick! GRRR!!!

edited November 2011 in Babies Health
I'm a FTM and my newborn has already caught a cold! He's only 2 weeks old! He has a runny nose, he's sneezing and coughing, but has no temperature. My question is, is this normal to catch a cold so early? Should I call the doctor? and for those who have experienced this, how long did it take for the cold to go away? Thanks guys!!

Comments

• I don't know but Il BUMP this for you. Hope your baby gets well soon!
  • Same thing happen to my son. I told the doctor and all she said was he's cleaning out his system. I don't know about that but he's almost 5 weeks and his nose is still stuffy but a lot better. Try running the shower with hot water and sit in their for a few minutes with him to help him breath. If you have a humidifire that works to.
  • Also keep taking temp just to make sure he's ok.
  • The dr can't do anything for him unless he gets a fever. Just keep him propped up so he gets propper drainage, try to keep his nose cleared but don't be to agressive you can hurt it. Sit in the bathroom with him with the shower running for 15 minutes and thump his back like you're burping him and it will help loosen the phlem. Also get a humidiphire for at night. And keep taking his temp and call the dr asap if it hits 100.4
    Also, there are saline drops for infants that you can buy and will help out some. Other then that its just a waiting game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My baby is a month now but when he was 2 weeks he caught a cold from neice I just used saline drop which helped clear his nose and I bought a humidifier with vicks and his cold was gone the next week. Doctors can't give them meds that young so they say just try to get rid of it naturally