My preglies have made me too scared..

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
To poop :( I'm still at the hospital and I think I might have to poop but I'm terrified of how bad it's going to hurt! I'm already very sore and every time I ask for pain meds they give me ibeauprofin and I tell them it doesn't help and they tell me to take it anyways and they'll give me lortab if I don't feel better and I tell them I don't feel better and they give me more ibeauprofin! :( it's getting frustrating and I'm not going to try and poop before I get some actual pain meds!

Comments

• Ask for a stool softener. Its your best friend
  • Its mist likely gonna hurt. Sorry. Hang in there. :(
  • Stool softener is a must. My first few poops after baby didn't hurt a bit thanks to the softeners.
  • It's really not that bad. Pain killers will make you more constipated though, so make sure you take the stool softener.
  • Can't believe there not giving u ur pain meds!! they offered me 2 at one time ! Or the loratab an ibuprofen at same time neither helpd me much jus drowsy but they otta be offering them !
  • Yea, that 1st poop is very nerve-racking! I think I waited like almost a week, I was so scared!( I had a 3rd-degree tear + laceration + hemmorhoids) lol but yea, take some stool softener. I got thru it by thinkin (wtf I jus pushed a baby outta my vajayjay & dealt w/ killer contractions, what is this compared to that?)
  • Mine didnt hurt but I sure was nervous from what I read.
  • Mine didnt hurt but I was nervous as well. Like the others,said just ask for a stool softner
  • Ask for a stool softener! I was given them once I was out of my csection & still wasn't able to go for like 2 days but they definitely made it easier.
  • I didn't have stool softeners and mine didn't hurt either. It actually made me feel wonderfulll after lol took a lot of my pain away as weird as that sounds!
  • After I delivered the gave me stool softeners and they gave me 2 percocets and motrin for pain every 6 hours. Some hospitals are stingy on pain meds cuz they.don't want people getting addicted. Last hospital I delivered at only gave me motrin that did nothing. I also asked for something to help me sleep and they gave me allergy meds I was like Wtf is that. Needless to say I was in pain and exhausted.
  • Me too they gave me 2 percocets & a morni for pain & I did get a stool softner & it made it easier, didn't hurt that bad jus like stated above after having a baby that should be easy
  • Thank you ladies! I finally got them to give me a lortab so I'm feeling a lot better lol I was getting cranky! I'm going to ask for the softener in the morning just to be sure I have to go. I only had a small tear on my inner wall that needed 2 or 3 stitches but I'm still scared, I think I can do it though lol
  • Its okay to poop. Go for it. You will feel better
  • It's Okay don't worry I was scared too, just get some stool softeners.. ducolax is better than colace in my opinion :)
  • Well just don't push. I actually liked the big motrin 600 or 800, I don't remember. Might be better than other pain killers that will stop u up even more. Stool softeners work different than laxatives so its ok to take them more often than lax. Congratulations on the baby, I can't believe u delivered before me, especially having my 4th;) send some labor dust this way:)
  • Mine didn't hurt either
  • Mine didn't hurt at all. It was so soft from the stool softener that it just slid right out. LOL....unfortunately I couldn't pee for 5 days so I was stuck at the hospital! Ugh
  • After my birth I got ibuprofen and percocet. You may get a hemroid but they can give You antibiotics that are amazing! Ask for pain meds. Just try to poo but go slow
  • My first poop didnt hurt. Peeing hurt so bad but after coming home pooping hurt so bad.
  • It didn't hurt for me after either of my births. I just relaxed as much as possible and didn't push much. Drink lots of water to help
  • Ask for milk of megnasia And stool softener....my doc ordered that for me and it made everything easy for me....I can't believe they didn't at least offer u stool softener.
  • If i were a druggy, id choose percosets... just sayn. I was a tinny sad when my 7 day supply was out. Lol
  • My hospital gave me Vicodin while in there and then an entire prescription bottle to go home with. Clearly didn't care about addictions!!
  • It took me 7 days to poop I was terrified to even try. I took the stool softer and o still couldn't poop while in the hosp. So I gave up and I let my body decide when it was the right time. :)