I'm 15 weeks pregnant and just had my gall bladder removed

I Went under the knife on tuesday feb.22 to have my gall bladder taken out. On that day I was 14 weeks and 5 days. They had to put me under as they would any body else getting surgery, with anesthetic. I was nervous that it would hurt my baby, but they reassured me that it wouldn't as long as I was in the 2nd trimester. they ended up having to cut me in four places on my stomach to get my gall bladder out (before hand they said they could just go thru my belly button). So needless to say, I was quite concerned when I woke up to four cuts instead of only one. after waking I asked them to check the babys heart beat... It took them 15 minutes to find it. Oh I was crying and praying like crazy, my gown was soaked from all the tears. At this stage in pregnancy it normally only takes maybe a minute at most to find the heart beat, so as you can imagine, at 15 minutes you know what I was thinking. But then finally you could faintly hear the little fast paced heart beat on the monitor, oh it was such a relief! But now here I am three days later after pain medication and alot of rest wondering if the baby is still okay. I don't have an ob appt for two more weeks, and I just want to hear my babys heart beat so I know everything is okay! has anyone else had their gall bladder removed during pregnancy? Or know anyone who has?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • :) thank you! yeah I am going to call the doc on monday and see if they can atleast let me come in and hear the heart beat real quick.. I couldn't see them having a problem with that!! And if they do have a problem then I'll just find another doctor!! :)
  • I had surgery on my kidney at 4w then again at 7w since infection was getting in my bloodstream. They did an us after since baby was too small to pick up a hb. I'm now 12w 3d and have a healthy baby boy thriving. I'm sure they will let u come in for a quick doppler if not I'd look into a new Dr. Gl hun hope this eased is fears some :)
  • Thank You so much! It does help :) and lucky you!! 12 weeks and you already know what your having!! Your doc must have an awesome us! Thanks again