I don't feed my baby anything...

edited November 2011 in Solid Foods
That I haven't tasted or am willing to eat myself!

Who else is with me on this?

I'm serious! I try a taste of all of her foods/snacks minus the breast milk because it creeps me out a bit. The way I see it is if I'm not willing to put it in my mouth why should I expect my children to. So far the only foods either of them have missed out on is smushed peas (I hate peas that are not mixed with things) and mushrooms (I'm very allergic to them so they are not in the house. ) and anything super super spicy. The mushroom thing isn't really true because I had my son try some at a friends' place to see what he thought. He hated them.

Anyone else like this or am I some kind of food freak?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I want her to taste everything, just cuz I don't like it doesn't mean she wont. If she doesn't like it then okay. I'm not a picky eater at all and always willing to try things so maybe that's why.
  • @amab13 for something so wonderful and natural I just can't do it either. Hubby says it tastes sweet and I Just ran around the house shouting "ewwwww!" My son asked what was going on so I told him that Aj (my hubby, his step-dad) drank Lila's milks. He said if it was chocolate milk he would so I resumed my "ewws" and they both laughted at me boys are weird.
  • @navybabyonway I'm not a picky eater either but I grew up in a household where I would have to eat certain vegetables and meals that the adults didn't and it always pissed me off. I love all sorts of veggies and will eat anything but the stuff I listed. The peas I can do as long as they are mixed with other veggies or cheese. :)
  • I'm not too picky of an eater too I just don't like meat on a bone or porkchops my little girl thought won't be drinking anything w red dye 40 bc I'm alergic to it I know she is too I <3 vegis I'm gunna make all her baby food my self :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.