I feel like a bad mommy :(

edited November 2011 in Parenting
For letting my baby accidentally pee on his head and face...twice! :-( I mean he literally soaked the side of his head. Every single time I change his diaper I am scared he is going to pee...I lost count of the times he has peed all over me and my bed! What am I missing here?! I clean him as fast as I can and it still happens, is it just part of having a boy?! :/ ...it sounds funny but I literally feel like a bad mom when he pees all over himself :-(

Comments

• put a wipe over his penis when you first open the diaper. :)
  • @waasae I was doing that but the thing is that whenever a wipie touches his penis he pees, but I guess peeing into the wipie is ten times better than peeing everywhere else! Thanks! :)
  • Once you open the diaper wait a few seconds for the air to hit him. The cold air is usually what will make them pee
  • Open his diaper, blow a puff of air on his privates and close the diaper. He should pee after that. I think its the cold that makes them pee.
  • @heyitsme @vlynn15 Thanks! I'm gonna start doing that!
  • They have this little nifty thing called "tee pee pee pee's) I think that's the name but anyway it looks almost like a mini coffee filter that's the shape of a teepee and you put it on the boys penis when you change his diaper to prevent him from squirting himself and you! And no you're not a bjad mom ...piss happens!
  • Lol how ironic I was just b*tching about the same thing. Every day this week Brody has had to have a bath from peeing all over himself. In less then 12 hours I've had to wash my bedding twice. Yesterday he somehow managed to pee on the floor from his changing table. I've been peed on countless times and somehow he keeps peeing through his diapers. Like his diaper won't even be wet but he will be and his blanket and bedding. Everyone keeps saying point his penis down but its not helping at all! Idk what to do.
  • Definitely get some pee pee tee pees (I'm not sure exactly how it's spelled). It's like an upside down cone. Or an upside down Dixie cup.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2011
    Dixie cups work great too ;)
  • Aww mala..jk my sis did that at the hospital it was my last day there and she offered to change him, well she has 2 girls o boys so it was her first boy potty change. She did exactly what you did except she screamed her ass off and my sis is hella loud, well like 5 nurses literally ran in my room because they heard her ass. Lol and one of the nurses suggested I do what @vlynn15 and he hasn't peed on me or himself.
  • My son does this all the time. The other day he had a puddle of it in his ear, I was so scared he would get an infection from it. But every things fine! He also pees without peeing in his diaper like @samantha said!
  • My baby does that too and she's a girl! I can't tell you how many times she peed all over my shirt lol also whenever I clean her with a wipey she pees then poops without a diaper.. lol It's very frustrating but if they gota go they gota go.. or maybe they are just being spiteful lol
  • It's a boy thing. My oldest did that all the time! Once he even popped a poop that seriously flew across the room & landed in a shoe! They pee everywhere. I blew on his penis & never worked. I did find out puting a kleenex on it helped or a dry diaper (i used cloth). It's not being a bad mommy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol dont feel bad mama, after I bathe nyla she pees on me or her new diaper lol n shes pood on me twice. On my shirt & pants. Dont feel bad, my nephew squirts on himself n everything else thats just sumn a lil boy cant control hun :)
  • I have a question are the boys that are peeing on everything circumsized (sp). Mine was in the nicu and didn't get cut until he was like three weeks old, and he hardly ever pees on us.
  • My son is circumcised. Just got done 3 days ago and he pees on everything still lol. @eeyore
  • Use a Dixie cup. Just cover his penis while you're cleaning him.
  • Lol... awww i love this talk :-D i know u feel bad but it's cute to picture you mommies with ur boys! I love the helpful hints though!! Good luck!!! :)
  • It has happened to my baby he has got himself me the wall...smh
  • Pee Pee tee pees are nice but easy for baby to knock off. Plus they fall off when you wipe babys bottom. I always get new diaper and wipe ready before removing the old diaper to speed things up a bit I even unfold the new diaper. But u prob. Do that too. My sons got himself a couple times and I felt horrible but the "mommy what the hell was that" look on his face was beyond priceless. And @Samantha & @PregnantELF - you may change diaper brands my son had that issue with huggies really bad. Pampers swaddlers have been amazing though. Different brands fit babies different. The hospital Aydon was born at said typically huggies fit chunkier babys best and pampers fit skinny babys best. But all babies are different so who knows.
  • They grow out of it I promise lol some boys are worse than others
  • that happened to me with my son in the beginning...but i got in the habit of blocking it with his diaper before it could happen lol
  • Lmao just be happy he's no perjectile (so) pooping at you :.)
  • @omg well not yet atleast! Lmao

@Aydonsmommy lmao, I have gotten that look! Its hilarious bcuz he HATES when I change his and its the only time he cries but when that pee hit his face and his head it sure shut him up! Lol

@tinka1386 oh thank God! :)

@preggointx The wall?! Oh wow, ur baby boy has good range! Lol

@mrsrocketfield1221 take notes hun, in case u get a squirter!

• @Eeyore yep, mine is

@MrsThompson34 omg so many diapers have gone to waste bcuz as soon as I finish changing him he poops or I use the diaper to catch his pee stream lol

@MommyLovesSparkle Lmao, I seriously think they r being spiteful!

@JuliansMommy Lmao, I can so imagine that bcuz I screamed the first time too!

Thank u sooo much for all the suggestions and stories ladies, I feel so much better now! :)

• My son is 5 weeks tomorrow. When I change him he pees but the worst part is he poops too. And it kinda shoots out everywhere if I don't have a new diaper ready!
  • @BigBelly Lol, yeah I get everything ready bfor I even open his diaper bcuz he has me so traumatized already!
  • I use a wash cloth to cover my little man. But I know how you feel, my 2 week old peed on his face AND in his ear!!!! I was so upset!