question about getting your nipples pierced

I want to get mine pierced. I had my son 8 weeks ago but I'm still leaking milk a tinsy bit.

Comments

• I don't think leaking a little bit would prevent you from getting them pierced, however, they will probably be more sensitive as your body will still be full of hormones. And yes, it hurts.
  • I have my right nipple pierced. I didn't think it hurt too much for the initial piercing but hurt like *beep* during healing. However..when I breastfed my son he loved that boob. I had to pump on that side first before he could feed or else it would gush and choke him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They will probably be more sensitive..but as long as u aren't breastfeeding I say go for it....may be uncomfortable healing and holding baby a lot! I wore a sports bra for 2 weeks after I had mine done!
  • I had mine done and took it out once I found out I was pregnant so it can close up by the time I had the baby but it still leaks out the peircing holes and my nipple hole its pretty weird it squirts out of the holes lol. But it hurt a while after very sore so it'll be hard to hole your baby close it might be uncomfortable
  • Im getting mine done soon too! Its my anniversary present from my man :)
    Ill letchu know how it goes lol
  • I had my right one done too. Now my son loves bfing on that one more than the left. And I think it hurt like hell getting it pierced!
  • Are you gonna still breastfeed bc that would not be good! Lol mine took forever to heal ...it sucked... & then they slowly began to push themselves out of the skin. I did it 4x's lol it really depends on the person but i don't think leakage will have any effect as long as u take good care if them. Healing just sucks so think it through on having a new baby & what not :) good luck...
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 @GirlsLoveInk87 I'm not breastfeeding. I've been bottle feeding. I'm just leaking and idk if it increases the chance. infection more
  • Ahhh well that's good! Lol i wouldn't think it would anymore than normal... but i honestly wouldn't know for sure.
  • Agreed the healing was uncomfortable. I had both done, had to take them out for surgery, got repierced a year later, and had to remove them when I got preggo last August because they were too uncomfortable. I won't be doing it a third time. And where they were pierced do leak. lol
  • I didn't have mine numbed and it never hurt, my cousin had her's numbed and she screamed :/ a lot of people say it hurts when numbed, i took mine out two years ago and it still leaked out of one side, i want mine done again though!
  • My boobs are like still leaking won't that increase your chances of infection? @SamiUK @misskristin @GirlsLuvInk87
  • edited November 2011
    I doubt it...in all honesty, your milk is sterile and will probably keep your piercings from drying out! :)
  • Actually they same breastmilk can help heal wounds faster. It is amazing suff:) you might heal faster with a little leakage. I found this post ironic because I was just thinking after I finished bf my lo it would be a perfect time to get mine done if I wanted it. I have like no feeling in my nips now (at least right after a feeding)