kitten will be 6 months on nov 14 im due nov 22nd...HELP......

I have a 5 month old kitten, I've had since she was 2 and a half months. She's spoiled completely! She used to sleep in my bed every single night, when I would leave for even an hour the minute I get home she runs to me and purrs non stop even if I pick her up! I have to feed her when I eat or she will NOT leave my plate/bowl alone. I have a teddy bear that sits on my bed (from the bd when we first started dating) she would put her nails into it like a scratching post and she would suck on it at the same time. (I asked my sister why she does that to the teddy, my sister is a vet) and she said she does it because it's comforting to her, because it belongs to me most likely. And my kitten and I would be sitting on the couch in my livingroom (she would be DEAD ASLEEP) and I would go to use the bathroom or go to the kitchen for something and I would turn around and she would be half asleep staring up at me, like she has to be in the same room as me no matter what!!!
But anywho!
Ever since I put the crib up for my daughter(dd nov.22nd) she will NOT sleep in my bed and sleeps in the crib. No matter what I do she always jumps in there and EVERYTIME I mess with the diaper bag she climbs in it! And I was packing my hospital bag and my kitten stole some clothes out of it and just walked away..then left it and came back and crawled in the bag...

I'm VERY worried as to what will happen when I have my daughter. I don't want my kitten (Emmirson) to think that she isn't important anymore or things have changed. But then again I know my daughter will need most of my attention....

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Get a spray bottle it sounds mean but it works! Put some water in it & spary her everytime she messes with babies things! That's what I did & my kitten doesn't do it anymore. & he's 7 months
  • My mum puts orange peel on all the places she doesnt want her cat to go...
  • As an owner of a very needy cat, my advice, is get a gate to keep her out of the room the crib is in, tell her off off when she messes with baby stuff, but make time for her too. For me, I spend time with him in the morning after bf leaves before baby is up, when she naps, and again at night when babys in bed. It's a lot of work but it can be done. Start breaking the bad habits now.
  • edited November 2011
    :)
  • Like peels from an orange? She eats anything lol
    I've tried the water bottle! Lol we actually have one for the dogs when they bark (my parents have 5 dogs)
  • When she takes the babies stuff lately I just have to yell her name (emmirson) and she drops it where it is and runs to me. Lol