at what age do babies usually stop crying so much?and start sleeping thru the night?

edited November 2011 in First time moms
My son is three months he still is a cry baby and spoilled and he only sleeps maybe for about 4 to 5 hors at night before waking up for bottle when will this start to change?

Comments

• i'm SO bumping this cuz although i know all babies are different, i am curious as well to see an avg age...!!!!!!
  • and my son does the same dang thing lol he's 2 months tomorrow.
  • I'm curious too.
  • Well, you answered your own question. All babies are different. I've known some who continued to cry and wake during the night up to 14 months old and some who slept through the night or 7 hours starting at 4 months old or 2 months.... there is no real saying. Soon you might get longer stretches, but then that might only last a few nights or he might stay that way... there really isn't a clue as to when your baby will start.
    There are things you can do to encourage the sleeping through the night. Like keeping him awake during the day, cluster feeding at bed time. Bed times baths to help relax him. No tv an hour before bed. Yes tv effects babies too even if they aren't "watching" it.
    You can try googling for more tips and see what works best with your baby
  • My son is 11 weeks old, and he has been sleeping through the night since he was 5 weeks old. We have him on a schedule, at 9pm every night he gets a bath, then a bottle and lots of kisses, then we put him bed about 10-1030. He sleeps until sometime between 6 and 8 depending on if we have to work or not. Even before he was sleeping through the night, he only woke up once to eat. But we got him on a schedule as soon as we could.
  • edited November 2011
    I'd like to know as well, I go back to work in Feb and I'm hoping he sleeps more, at that time he'll be 4mths. He doesn't cry a lot but he has his days/nights mixed up.
  • "most" babies will start sleeping thru the night around 3-4 months. There is a end to the sleepless nights. Hang in there.
  • Sry hun. My baby doesnt cry at all unless hes pissed. He wines some. And sleeps thur the night. Hes 4 months. The crying thing stopped at 9 weeks or so
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I read an article in parenting that said sleeping 5-7 hrs IS considered sleeping through the night for a baby. So he's almost there. It also said you cannot spoil a baby under 1 yr old. They're not capable of thinking that way yet. They cry when they need you, not to be bad lol.
  • well mine sleeps almost tru the whole night and doesnt cry too much and shes 7 wks
  • My son is two months he drinks an 8 oz bottle and sleeps all night only recently tho
  • Mine cries if shes bored hungry or not getting attention. Shes 12 wks and has been sleeping through the night since 5 wks waking up once at 6am to eat them goes back to sleep til 8 or 9.
  • My son is 10 weeks and eats roughly 7 oz for dinner and is in bed between 730-10pm. He will sleep til 5-6am eat 2-4oz then go back to sleep til around 730-8am. Then he's up for the day and maps between 11am and 1pm.
  • Mine was sleeping thru the night...but lately has been waking up a few times a night again. I'm super frustrated. She's 4.5 months.
  • My first son slept through the night at about 11months...with this one he sleeps through the night and he's only 13 weeks
  • edited November 2011
    My Son Is Now 2 Months Old, He Has Been Sleepinq Throuqh The Niqht Since He Was 4 Weeks Old :) He Eats 5oz At 10 & Will Sleep Till 9 To Eat Another Bottle, i Feed Him 4oz With Cereal Every 3 Hours !
  • NEVER!!! Jk all babies are different. My god daughter still doesnt sleep thru the night and shes 2
  • My son is four months and still doesnt sleep thru the night