Infant carrier/car seat question?!

edited November 2011 in Equipment & Supplies
anyone know when is it time to take the newborn head support out of the carrier? i've read about when to adjust the straps higher but nothing about the head support?

**my instruction booklet doesn't mention anything about it...i have a graco snugride 30 and google's no help. anyone?**

Comments

• edited November 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hm i'll have to re-read the instruction booklet...my son's way over 11 lbs haha i just don't recall seeing anything about it. thank you @gatorbob
  • Can he hold his head or if u take it out will it slump over? I don't think its a certain time to take it out it jus depends cuz my baby head support is a 2 in 1, it has to parts 1 for a infant & u can take that out as they get older & head grows but it still has the bigger support inside.
  • Mine had one built in but I didn't like it so I got a 2&1 from Walmart
  • @missq_1sttimemommy2b firstly, your name is sooo long lol :-) secondly, i'm not sure. he has excellent head control and has for a while now...there's no other support other than the newborn head support in my carrier. i guess that's how to tell then? if i put him in it without the support and his head isn't steady, leave it in... that sounds so "duh" to me as i write it lol i just didn't know if there was protocol or whatever with taking it out/if i needed to wait til a certain age or size regardless of head control. it's just he always looks so smushed up when we put him in his carseat that i thought maybe it was time to take that thing out but realized i have no clue about it haha thank you :-)
  • @mam082711 lol I kno its really time to change it but yea its no certain age because some ppl like to keep them in but get a bigger one for when they fall asleep in they carseat & they head slump over but its up to you. You Welcome!
  • I actually asked my daughters pedi about it and she said you can leave it in as long as you like. Once your baby has good head control. She said her daughter is 2yrs and still uses it.
  • I took mine out cause I adjusted her status to make then higher and so the headrest was squishing get head
  • My manual from carseat just says as long as baby can support its head...and I got a maxicosi carseat