help baby doesnt wana drink his formula for spit up

edited November 2011 in First time moms
okay so i went to my pedi cause i think my baby has reflux he's 7 weeks now
she told us to get him similac sensitive for spit up and i had to but him new nipples
for thicker formula and no he crys drinking it and doesnt wana finish it takes him 30 mins to finish it now
and he still vomits it up
she told me to get it on thursday and bring him back monday to weigh him
cause he's suppose to weigh 12lbs and he's 11lbs
idk what to do!!! i mean he just threw up alot and i feel he isnt eating enough im scared!!
i cant wait till monday!!!

Comments

• My son did the same thing! Once I took him off of the sensitive and put him on the alimentum in the purple can he's been a much happier baby and less fussy and gassy too and he sleeps better :) I think the sensitive Similac does more harm then good imo.
  • @Kingsmama omg!! i was reading about some woman who said the same thing and her kid had reflux but now that you said the same thing
    i think im going to switch him to that!! :]
    did your son have reflux too?
  • You could always try switching to enfamil ar which is for spit and see if he'll take that. My daughter wasn't gaining much and once I put her on that she started keeping it down. Now she just spits up like a normal baby would.
  • Nope no reflux his stomach just did not like the sensitive stuff. He is lactose intollerant and the alimentum helps so much :)