Baby Shoes

edited November 2011 in Babies "First's"
When is it ok to put a baby in hard bottom shoes instead of the soft bottom shoes?

Comments

• With my son I bought his first pair of hard bottom shoes at 4months.
  • I dont think it makes much difference. Theyre not walking when theyre that small. Its just not good to have em in shoes alot when they r tiny.
  • So I found out that they should wear soft bottom shoes until they start trying to walk. Hard bottom shoes arent good for their ankles.
  • My doc says 18 mo to 2 years for soft bottom shoes. No shoes when at home. It's so that when they walk barefoot, the muscles in their feet strengthen naturally. Target has soft bottom shoes that are cheaper in the shoe and infant section.

My daughter is 15 mo and rarely wears hard shoes but she doesn't walk a well when she does wear them.
  • I cant wait to put him in those ugly stride rite shoes. Lol
  • I cnt wait to put my lil girl in them ugly things ethier imma, mke sure i get the ones wit the bells on them so i can hear her coming whn she starts walkin lol. @beautifulone
  • I was always told to put them in shoes as little as possible. My 2yo only wears shoes when he goes outside or when we go out. If its cold he wears slippers inside, if not he is in either socks or bare feet. I will do the same with my lo
  • I have a hard bottom pair of jordans I plan on putting on him...they are a 1.5
  • My son started walking at 8moths...but he wore pedipeds. They are very comfy and very good for feet. But when he turned 1.5 years old that when he started wearing hard shoes.
  • @chanel22 Lol that would be too cute. I think Im opting for the brown pair cause the white ones are hidious!

@preggointx My son has Jordans too, but they are soft bottoms.

I also think soft bottoms are wayyyy easier yo put on, lol.