ear piercing

edited December 2011 in Babies "First's"
My daughter is 5 weeks today and I would like to get her ears pierced. I hear the earlier you get them done the better. Do you think 5 weeks is to early

Ok.my daughter is now 10 weeks old and im going today to get her ears pierced. Should I go to the mall to do it or should I go to a tattoo shop? Its suppose to be safer because they use a sterile needle apose to at the mall it cant sterlize the gun all thr way..and also there is a trained person to where at the mall they are traind by video and teddy bears.

Comments

• Most Drs will recommend waiting until baby gets her shots...
  • Most places wont do it tell 3 months and have there shots
  • I pierced my daughters at 10 weeks.. I wish I woulda done it earlier! She moved a lot, didn't like being held down. If you're getting them done at a place like claires they won't do it til shes 2 months old. But if you're doing them (or someone you know) I say go for it. Soak the earrings in alcohol that's what my aunt did. My dad did the same with my niece at 2 days old and they didn't get infected or watever. We used real gold earrings, no cheapies
  • Wait till she gets her fist set of shots. I got all of my girls done when they were infants and never had a problem. I recomend getting the earings with screw on backs. I buy em at jc pennys. Not sure where else u can buy em but they r great. I never had to worry about em getting pulled out and in the babys mouth.
  • Yup wait untill first shots :)